Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Checked the spanish press (not the english version) and tere is absolutely zip. It seems if we have a confidentiality clause with Barca it seems to be working so I am still hopeful.

Silence is golden as far as this goes imo. Eto'o hasn't ruled us out, his agent hasn't ruled us out and City haven't denied the move.

Eto'o is probably hesitant to come to us which is understand, but if we wave enough money at him, and Tevez signs then we've got a shot of landing him.

IMO, Tevez is key to this deal coming off and if we get Tevez we have two superstars at the club and that means others will follow.

Fuck, if we get Tevez and Eto'o we really should be aiming for Champions League next season

AntonDonJuan said:
Silence is golden as far as this goes imo. Eto'o hasn't ruled us out, his agent hasn't ruled us out and City haven't denied the move.

Eto'o is probably hesitant to come to us which is understand, but if we wave enough money at him, and Tevez signs then we've got a shot of landing him.

IMO, Tevez is key to this deal coming off and if we get Tevez we have two superstars at the club and that means others will follow.

Fuck, if we get Tevez and Eto'o we really should be aiming for Champions League next season

Absolutely yes.

AntonDonJuan said:

whilst i agree that both are good signings, eto'o more so just on the back of the midgets club argument. I think the key to chumps league is strengthening the defence. The defence we had last year aint going to get us there. I am hopefull that with barry and either de jong or kompany (if he isnt playing cb) in front of the defence we will do better but we still need to bolster the back 4 with a top quality cb.

Danish Blue said:
AntonDonJuan said:

whilst i agree that both are good signings, eto'o more so just on the back of the midgets club argument. I think the key to chumps league is strengthening the defence. The defence we had last year aint going to get us there. I am hopefull that with barry and either de jong or kompany (if he isnt playing cb) in front of the defence we will do better but we still need to bolster the back 4 with a top quality cb.
Yup, we need the defence strengthening, but Hughes isn't stupid.

Once we bring in Eto'o and Tevez, hopefully, then we can persuade a lot more players to come. I think we have a deadline on the deal for Eto'o, and if he won't come then we'll move on. But Hughes will see him as the bargaining tool for other players, and we might aswell wait another week or so and if he signs we can go after better defenders IMO

Danamy said:
Apparently there's another meeting this week.......

if true it's a very good sign as it mean that Eto'o at least a bit interested and the negotiations over the wage demands can start/progress

Danish Blue said:
AntonDonJuan said:

totally agree, if we get some quality defenders in along with Tevez and eto'o we will be a real force next season. With the best strikeforce in the Prem IMO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.