Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

How long before Fergiescum joins Sad Arry and says we are paying 'stupid money' because they can't compete

If he ever says that we know we will have arrived and the is scared of us.

hgblue said:
Danamy said:
city diehard said:
Danamy said:
Apparently there's another meeting this week.......

could you expand

Just been told there's a meeting and i presume we'll know either way by this time next week.

I have a hunch that we're going to concentrate on landing players with Premiership experience like Barry, RCS, Tevez, Lescott & Toure. I reckon Eto'o will be viewed by people at the club has a 'bonus' signing. I'm not saying Hughes wouldn't be delighted to sign him, just that we're not going to be held to ransom into paying 'silly money' for him, so this one could go to the wire. As I say, just a hunch.

Your spot on with your thoughts!
If they take the piss we'll just move on but i repeat he has always been top of our list.
Out of all the getable world class strikers he's the one that wouldn't take any time to settle as his style of play suits the Prem.

hgblue wrote:
Danamy wrote:
city diehard wrote:
Danamy wrote:
Apparently there's another meeting this week.......

could you expand

'Just been told there's a meeting and i presume we'll know either way by this time next week.

I have a hunch that we're going to concentrate on landing players with Premiership experience like Barry, RCS, Tevez, Lescott & Toure. I reckon Eto'o will be viewed by people at the club has a 'bonus' signing. I'm not saying Hughes wouldn't be delighted to sign him, just that we're not going to be held to ransom into paying 'silly money' for him, so this one could go to the wire. As I say, just a hunch.'

I think he'll come.
I think the owners have been great in letting Hughes pick the players he wants but I think they also want the big names, as they showed with Robinho and Kaka, and if he is available and willing to come they will get him.

Thinking more about this transfer i feel more confident.

Do you really think the Sheik is a man who accept people saying no to him? In a none arrogant way, if he wants something i'm pretty sure he gets it.

Not getting Kaka will have hurt him, and he won't have liked it.

I'm sure his words will have been something like, "Get Eto'o and do whatever it takes to get him"

With that in mind, Cooke better make sure he gets him!

Latest from Laporta on Eto'o.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/06/21/1338615/joan-laporta-i-hope-samuel-etoo-finishes-career-at-barcelona" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/20 ... -barcelona</a>

AntonDonJuan said:
Thinking more about this transfer i feel more confident.

Do you really think the Sheik is a man who accept people saying no to him? In a none arrogant way, if he wants something i'm pretty sure he gets it.

Not getting Kaka will have hurt him, and he won't have liked it.

I'm sure his words will have been something like, "Get Eto'o and do whatever it takes to get him"

With that in mind, Cooke better make sure he gets him!

This deal if it comes off is more than just signing a world class striker, it about the club image and it another statement of intent to follow up Robbies signing.

If the Sheik wants Eto'o he will get him but I'm sure that there will be limits on the wages etc as I sure that he will not like anybody taking advantage of him or his wealth.

If this deal is to come off the will have to be a compromise reached the question will be is this possible? The fact that we maybe have another meeting after the rumored one last friday is indicating that there maybe some flexibility in this deal. Maybe Eto'o's silly money demands were just the opening gambit and now the serious talks begin.

anyhow getting to this stage must mean that the Club is doing the job of selling the bigger picture.

Latest from Laporta on Eto'o.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/20</a> ... -barcelona

That story was run weeks ago, I suspect a re print of an old story myself. Looked earlier on spanish press side and nothing.

i think this eto'o deal could be concluded by next week un like the tev saga. no matter what, barca probably have to sell as he's approaching his last year and letting him run his contract down is just not gonna be allowed were not dealing with 3rd parties or out like that so its just a case of getting his terms sorted. . . . . . . IMO deal done by end of play friday, And im not an ITK or a WUM just a pint half full city fan.

Why can't the media stop regurgitating and why can't they stop lying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.