Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Pam said:
Tell The King said:
Pam said:
Perhaps it's the heat but I'm having confusion issues here. Is Eto demanding this £13 mill whether or not he goes or only if he doesn't go?
I thought it was a 'loyalty payment', due to the fact he doesn't want to be sold, but barca are telling him to leave. SO, due to the 'inconvience', he requests more monies.

I thought that but the Guardian seems to think he's demanding an up front payment of £13 mil as the condition under which he would stay. Either he is deluded or his relationship with Barca is better than it looks. What would make him think that his club are hell bent on letting him go but would pay £13 million if he agreed to stay? Does this make sense to anyone?

No this is wrong. He wants the money to go not stay. He will miss out on a Bosman in 12 months so wants compensation termed "loyalty payment" this may or may not be part of his present contract.

Cobwebcat said:
Optimus Prime said:
Seems like a game of public brinksmanship between Eto'o and Barca (played out whilst trying to save face in front of the fans) to me, leaving us sat in the middle with very little to do until they sort it out:

1. We make an offer, which Barca are desperate to push through as they need the money to spend elsewhere. They want to push Eto'o through the door, so go public with it saying its a ridiculous offer which he can't refuse even though he loves the club and wants to stay and all that crap - thinking its such a good offer he's surely going to go for it, thus forfeiting his loyalty bonus and handing Barca the whole transfer fee. Barca win

2. Eto'o thinks 'fook this, I want that loyalty bonus if I am going to go', so he states that despite the fantastic offer actually he wants to stay at Barca and see out his contract (entitling him to leave on a free next summer). He knows this is the worst possible outcome for Barca, and is something they'll never allow to happen. He knows they'll have to push him out if they want the deal that badly, therefore entitling him to the loyalty bonus for not asking to leave. Eto'o wins

3. Barca call his bluff in front of the fans, saying 'great - you want to stay - sign this contract extension then' - this would take him up to 30 on the same wage he's on now, which I can't see him going for. He would therefore be almost publically admitting he didn't want to stay at Barca by not signing. Barca win again

4. Next move Eto'o

This could go on and on, and City have to either jump in and come to an agreement about reimbursing Eto'o for his 'loyalty' to Barca, or fook em all off and walk away from the deal - can't see it being sorted any time soon, so we might as well stop getting stressed about it, sit back and see how it pans out!

The above is spot on. It's just about money and this is where we are up to. Could go either way but the above is what has happened. You put all the press reports together and these are the facts of the story. Each paper then puts their own spin on the story.

When you get confused just go back to Optimus' post and read it again because it's the nearest you will get to the truth whatever subsequently comes out.
Yep Spot on.

Cobwebcat said:
Pam said:
Tell The King said:
Pam said:
Perhaps it's the heat but I'm having confusion issues here. Is Eto demanding this £13 mill whether or not he goes or only if he doesn't go?
I thought it was a 'loyalty payment', due to the fact he doesn't want to be sold, but barca are telling him to leave. SO, due to the 'inconvience', he requests more monies.

I thought that but the Guardian seems to think he's demanding an up front payment of £13 mil as the condition under which he would stay. Either he is deluded or his relationship with Barca is better than it looks. What would make him think that his club are hell bent on letting him go but would pay £13 million if he agreed to stay? Does this make sense to anyone?

No this is wrong. He wants the money to go not stay. He will miss out on a Bosman in 12 months so wants compensation termed "loyalty payment" this may or may not be part of his present contract.

thats what i've been saying all day but the mail has it the other way around. the guardian article doesnt mention the 13m, but the sun, bless 'em, has it my way.

thats what i've been saying all day but the mail has it the other way around. the guardian article doesnt mention the 13m, but the sun, bless 'em, has it my way.

The Mail has got it embarrasingly wrong! The Sun is correct.

I don't see this as another Kakagate either it is TOTALLY different. Barca are on our side so far. AC Milan used us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.