Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

gh_mcfc said:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/mcgovern/2009/06/30/eto-o-will-be-quids-in-at-city-115875-21482508/

Bile , bitterness and jelousy . This article has change my mind... Give him every penny and more

"The club which nornallly has 0 after its name" - Tw@ttyness of the highest order

Yeah I saw that "bastards of the highest order!"

johnmc said:
Don't get it.

Not asked for improved contract or golden handshake. Not a problem joining us if Barca don't want him. Laporta has said that our offered as been agreed. Where is the issue

his agent making those comments means he is legally entitled to his loyalty bonus

travelman said:
johnmc said:
Don't get it.

Not asked for improved contract or golden handshake. Not a problem joining us if Barca don't want him. Laporta has said that our offered as been agreed. Where is the issue

his agent making those comments means he is legally entitled to his loyalty bonus

But didn't the agent say he didn't ask for a loyalty bonus? if so, which one is dealing in the dark?

Daily Mail have changed their tune

Samuel Eto'o's agent has paved the way for the striker's move to Manchester City after hitting out at Barcelona's handling of the summer transfer wrangle.

Josep Maria Mesalles, the Cameroon star's representative, today said Eto'o was happy to stay at the Nou Camp but would not stand in the way if the European champions wanted to cash in.

Mesalles says he had agreed to 'work in co-operation' to get the best for both his player and Barcelona.

Eto'o's camp is thought to be angered by Barcelona president Joan Laporta openly talking of bids from Manchester City and Mesalles said: 'He was rated at 30-35million euros. I don't think this is a realistic price as his contract ends next year.

'We have been told about the offer from City and I tell (the Barcelona board) that if they reach an agreement with them, I don't have a problem dealing with the English club.

'Eto'o wants to stay at Barca, but we will not hinder the club if they seek his departure.'

Balti said:
Streetsweeper said:
robbieh said:
I can read spanish pretty well and the report of the meeting in Marca is quite interesting.

The headline says

Eto'o wants to stay at Barca but will not block his exit.

He accuses Barca of being two faced.

He has never asked for an improved contract this season.

The agent knows of City's offer and would have no problems going there if Barca agree.

They do however feel that Barca's valuation of the player is much too high given that he has only a year left on the contract.

And it is this last bit that I find interesting. Maybe they reckon City should have to pay less.

Or, that if the price was dropped, other Champions League teams might be able to afford him.

Either way, at least it isn't a no, and has cleared up once and for all that the issues are about Eto'o and Barca, rather than us per se.

Or - at that price you can afford to pay me my loyalty payment you tight barstards.

Yeah, that's also likely!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.