Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

MCFC-alan88 said:
travelman said:
johnmc said:
Don't get it.

Not asked for improved contract or golden handshake. Not a problem joining us if Barca don't want him. Laporta has said that our offered as been agreed. Where is the issue

his agent making those comments means he is legally entitled to his loyalty bonus

But didn't the agent say he didn't ask for a loyalty bonus? if so, which one is dealing in the dark?

No, he said he hasn't asked for an improved contract. He's making the point that Eto'o hasn't been making any fresh demands... so just let him go to City and pay him the loyalty bonus you owe him.

looks like city have to wait n let the player and the club wash their dirty laundry in public.

MCFC-alan88 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I think it's interesting that most of the board certainly seems to have sided with the agent on this(as do I), when yesterday everyone, though he was being a dick.

That's because everyone favours his comments because they lean towards Eto'o coming to us. They'd be slating the crap out of him if he was saying he is 100% staying at Barca.

Obviously, what do you expect...

neil jung said:
Daily Mail have changed their tune

Samuel Eto'o's agent has paved the way for the striker's move to Manchester City after hitting out at Barcelona's handling of the summer transfer wrangle.

Josep Maria Mesalles, the Cameroon star's representative, today said Eto'o was happy to stay at the Nou Camp but would not stand in the way if the European champions wanted to cash in.

Mesalles says he had agreed to 'work in co-operation' to get the best for both his player and Barcelona.
sounds like the path is clear to me, cmon down samuel

Eto'o's camp is thought to be angered by Barcelona president Joan Laporta openly talking of bids from Manchester City and Mesalles said: 'He was rated at 30-35million euros. I don't think this is a realistic price as his contract ends next year.

'We have been told about the offer from City and I tell (the Barcelona board) that if they reach an agreement with them, I don't have a problem dealing with the English club.

'Eto'o wants to stay at Barca, but we will not hinder the club if they seek his departure.'

Wrighty Wrexham said:
neil jung said:

Samuel Eto'o's agent has paved the way for the striker's move to Manchester City after hitting out at Barcelona's handling of the summer transfer wrangle.

Josep Maria Mesalles, the Cameroon star's representative, today said Eto'o was happy to stay at the Nou Camp but would not stand in the way if the European champions wanted to cash in.

Mesalles says he had agreed to 'work in co-operation' to get the best for both his player and Barcelona.

Eto'o's camp is thought to be angered by Barcelona president Joan Laporta openly talking of bids from Manchester City and Mesalles said: 'He was rated at 30-35million euros. I don't think this is a realistic price as his contract ends next year.

'We have been told about the offer from City and I tell (the Barcelona board) that if they reach an agreement with them, I don't have a problem dealing with the English club.

'Eto'o wants to stay at Barca, but we will not hinder the club if they seek his departure.'

This sounds promising!

Why are MEN not reporting on this they should be watching and be quicker to post an article!

whahaha the journos dont have a fukin clue!

RobinJo said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
I think it's interesting that most of the board certainly seems to have sided with the agent on this(as do I), when yesterday everyone, though he was being a dick.

That's because everyone favours his comments because they lean towards Eto'o coming to us. They'd be slating the crap out of him if he was saying he is 100% staying at Barca.

Obviously, what do you expect...

Harsh but fair haha.

MCFC-alan88 said:

I really don't see why Barcelona thought they would get out of paying this money, it seems pretty clear he should get it.

I think Barca, Eto'o and City are all being a bit cuter than we thought.

Eto'o cannot now stay at barca, he has basically publicly fallen out with the Chairman (his main ally) and has stated publicly the manager doesn't want him, he has basically said he is happy to leave and basically said Barca are pushing him out and trying to do it on the cheap. Result is he will get his money as Barca will want shot and want the cash.

Barca have now got the fans on their side, if they have to pay him a chunk of the tranfser fee they will now not get slagged for selling him cheap and will be able to sell this in the best interests of Barcelona. They have also given the fans the choice to follow Eto'o or follow the manager and chairman who have brought them the best team in Europe.

City can stand by not involved and then sign the player and some of the money for him will come from Barca as well as City,

in this case all 3 parties would come out thinking things have gone well!

bluebrandon said:
neil jung said:

sounds like the path is clear to me, cmon down samuel

What is the point in posting a quote and then not writing anything. Absolutely pointless. Clogging up the board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.