Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

TaylorWill07 said:
tommcfc said:
TaylorWill07 said:
johnmc said:
Is Gabby Logan the best you could think of?

i agree ive pulled better than gabby logan ffs
city over women any day.

ok
a) city
b) a long night of hot passionate love with Chilleini

i know its a tough decision for you. take your time. ;)

haha am i really that bad?

worse! :P

ramsdale4 said:
Bossman Blue said:
The power of Paul said:
how desperate r we to get him?
Would you take

A) Eto'o to City for 4 years and we win the Premiership in 2010

Or

B) You get a week with Gabby Logan 24/7 up close and friendly

B

How about C) Megan Fox?!

This is not a Kaka like story as Barca lose the lot if they let Eto'o go on a free, Eto'o is not a god at barca as kaka was at milan, the chairman of Barcelona is not a Prime minister, Eto'o is a polar opposite to Kaka in personality and the Milan manager loved Kaka whislt Guardiola wants him out and wants Villa and has said so. kaka also knew Madrid wanted him and could afford him, Eto'o hates madrid and vice versa

So this is not to say it will work out and can't go wrong but the scenarios are very very very different!

tazmancblue said:
mcfcinprague said:
Like I said this morning - I think the bit that is pissing us all off is the silence from the club - If we haven't made a bid, then surely they would say so - If we have and it's been rejected by Barca or Eto'o in the first instance, then surely they would say so - which can only mean we have made a bid and it's been accepted by both parties.

But either there are no issues at all or if there are, then we must feel they are not too big to get them out of the way. And if they are too big then surely we would say so - unless this is anaother Kaka fiasco in the making and we will be made to look mugs again.

But let's understand one thing Cook and co know what the whole world is saying, so surely it's getting a little late in the day now to say we've cocked up again - I think that this deal is still very doable, because if it goes wrong I can see Cook getting his balls chopped off as well as his hands.

The silence at City whilst other clubs and the players play their silly games is admirable and shows the professional attitude that will, in the long term, lead this club to the place where we all want to be.

It is interesting that Sky Sports News have suddenly gone very quiet on the matter, and my opinion (and i'm not ITK, but a business man) is that City are calling the shots with the press and giving them very little, and telling them when to go quiet to assist us in return for the news when it happens. This is building up a mutual trust and respect...except for The Mirror which is still constantly clutching at straws and therefore receiving no truth from the club.

I agree i think that the silence from city is almost deafening, and thats for a reason, we have become professional !!!

kippaxwarrior said:
ramsdale4 said:
Bossman Blue said:
The power of Paul said:
how desperate r we to get him?
Would you take

A) Eto'o to City for 4 years and we win the Premiership in 2010

Or

B) You get a week with Gabby Logan 24/7 up close and friendly

B

How about C) Megan Fox?!

tough, but Lucy Pinder could be tough for me. it depends who we r playin? lol

I think it's a good thing that City are keeping quiet about their transfer dealings. If we commented on every player we'd been liked with we'd never stop releasing statements! I'm sure there have been players we've had talks with who the media don't even know about, and it has been reported by Garry Cook that we have walked away from deals we thought were wrong. We don't want to do deals in public, it makes us look very stupid whan things go wrong.

Unfortunately this deal is now out in the public, and tomorrow is supposed to be our big summer press conference - New kit, new sponsor, new website, free gig, pre-season friendlies, first appearence of new signings plus other players in the kit no doubt - all positive news stories about a club going places. So can anyone guess what the first question will be about?!

Eto'o, and something along the lines of: you offered him a ton of money and FAILED! Why?

A big negative story which will ruin all the good work we are supposed to be celebrating. The club wil have to make a statement either way. Will this ruin the conference? I'm sure the club would have wanted a big name unveiling (the Tevez "rumour" may be finalised?) and Eto'o in the new kit in fromt of the worlds media would have been a phenominal statement.

Or will we take the line that all publicity is good publicity? At least the press will be there, even if it is just to ask the question they all want answered....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.