Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

Aicky said:
Rochie10 said:
just read on sky sports news that Barcelona have offered eto a two year contract
I read it was an extension with no pay rise, lets face it for him it is all about the money

obviously they are trying to make it look like he wants the move so they can get out of this bonus, its the same or lower than hes on now ! course hes going to tell them to fuckoff, and they are hoping he does.

meanwhile eto'o is saying fuck you, i'll sit on the bench and you sorry bastards will get fuck all when i leave on a free in 12 months, i'll still play at the world cup cos i'm ETO'OOO

who will blink first ?

ussy said:
ok please someone to prevent me from collapsing on the floor right now just please clear it up about this contract being offered to eto by barca... has he really been offered this?

read somewhere in this thread that the contract was made by text how professonial would'ntget to worried yet!!

This is quite interesting if accurate, a little more detail about what was said by mestella: <a class="postlink" href="http://fcbtransfers.blogspot.com/2009/06/agent-etoo-press-conference-live.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fcbtransfers.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... -live.html</a>

This is my take on it:

Seems like a game of public brinksmanship between Eto'o and Barca (played out whilst trying to save face in front of the fans) to me, leaving us sat in the middle with very little to do until they sort it out:

1. We make an offer, which Barca are desperate to push through as they need the money to spend elsewhere. They want to push Eto'o through the door, so go public with it saying its a ridiculous offer which he can't refuse even though he loves the club and wants to stay and all that crap - thinking its such a good offer he's surely going to go for it, thus forfeiting his loyalty bonus and handing Barca the whole transfer fee. Barca win

2. Eto'o thinks 'fook this, I want that loyalty bonus if I am going to go', so he states that despite the fantastic offer actually he wants to stay at Barca and see out his contract (entitling him to leave on a free next summer). He knows this is the worst possible outcome for Barca, and is something they'll never allow to happen. He knows they'll have to push him out if they want the deal that badly, therefore entitling him to the loyalty bonus for not asking to leave. Eto'o wins

3. Barca call his bluff in front of the fans, saying 'great - you want to stay - sign this contract extension then' - this would take him up to 30 on the same wage he's on now, which I can't see him going for. He would therefore be almost publically admitting he didn't want to stay at Barca by not signing. Barca win again

4. Next move Eto'o

This could go on and on, and City have to either jump in and come to an agreement about reimbursing Eto'o for his 'loyalty' to Barca, or fook em all off and walk away from the deal - can't see it being sorted any time soon, so we might as well stop getting stressed about it, sit back and see how it pans out!

untill city come out and say something i think its still positive they must of known about the press conferance this morning!

i also think the contract offer from barca is them tryiong to soften blow . i think all this is working in to our hand perfectly .

although it is us and something is sure to go wrong .

Taylor said:
Samuel Eto'o wants to stay at Barcelona, but will not fight to remain with the European champions if they do not want to keep him, according to the striker's agent.

Premier League outfit Manchester City made a 'stratospheric offer' for Eto'o over the weekend, according to Barcelona president Joan Laporta, which Sky Sports sources understand to be in the region of £25million.

Reports suggest Eto'o, who has one year remaining on his contract at Camp Nou, is prepared to snub a move to England but the Cameroon international's future remains uncertain.

The 28-year-old's representative, Jose Maria Mesalles, is adamant his client wants to continue his career with the Catalan club, but has blasted the Barcelona board for the murky events of the transfer saga.

"The player wants to stay and complete the last year of his contract," said Mesalles.

Professional manner

"If Barca don't want him they should say so, so we can pursue the player's future in a professional manner.

"The club said coach Pep Guardiola did not want him. Guardiola has not told the player he is not required."

Eto'o has a contract with Barcelona until 2010, but Mesalles claims he did not receive an offer of an extension until almost midnight on Monday when the club offered a two-year extension on the same salary.

Mesalles believes that, if Barcelona have received an offer from City they should be open about it.

"If they have a serious offer from Manchester City, and if they want to continue with this negotiation we could be interested," Mesalles added.

"We haven't spoken to City but if Barca have reached an agreement it shouldn't be that difficult to reach a deal."

U do realise thats a complete and utter lie?

Edit: what i meant by this is that WE HAVE alredi spoken to them and agreed a deal hense forth shudnt b hard.. lol...

Well that sounds positive - he wants his loyalty payment. Fucking arsehole laporta......

Forget Eto'o.......Lucy Verasamy looks sensational today so I am happy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.