Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

My take on it is if Barcelona have offered him a new two year deal then this could be their way of avoiding the 'loyalty' payment as this shows they want to keep him, as i understand it he is only entitled to the payment if they force him out.

kippaxblue76 said:
My take on it is if Barcelona have offered him a new two year deal then this could be their way of avoiding the 'loyalty' payment as this shows they want to keep him, as i understand it he is only entitled to the payment if they force him out.

Correct.

Optimus Prime said:
This is my take on it:

Seems like a game of public brinksmanship between Eto'o and Barca (played out whilst trying to save face in front of the fans) to me, leaving us sat in the middle with very little to do until they sort it out:

1. We make an offer, which Barca are desperate to push through as they need the money to spend elsewhere. They want to push Eto'o through the door, so go public with it saying its a ridiculous offer which he can't refuse even though he loves the club and wants to stay and all that crap - thinking its such a good offer he's surely going to go for it, thus forfeiting his loyalty bonus and handing Barca the whole transfer fee. Barca win

2. Eto'o thinks 'fook this, I want that loyalty bonus if I am going to go', so he states that despite the fantastic offer actually he wants to stay at Barca and see out his contract (entitling him to leave on a free next summer). He knows this is the worst possible outcome for Barca, and is something they'll never allow to happen. He knows they'll have to push him out if they want the deal that badly, therefore entitling him to the loyalty bonus for not asking to leave. Eto'o wins

3. Barca call his bluff in front of the fans, saying 'great - you want to stay - sign this contract extension then' - this would take him up to 30 on the same wage he's on now, which I can't see him going for. He would therefore be almost publically admitting he didn't want to stay at Barca by not signing. Barca win again

4. Next move Eto'o

This could go on and on, and City have to either jump in and come to an agreement about reimbursing Eto'o for his 'loyalty' to Barca, or fook em all off and walk away from the deal - can't see it being sorted any time soon, so we might as well stop getting stressed about it, sit back and see how it pans out!

Heres my take... Eto'o to be signed up tomorrow...

All parties involved will realise this is going nowhere fast.... No one is winning the way it is now.... If Eto'o comes to City... EVERYONE wins... Barca get Villa, Eto'o gets paid VERY well, we get one of the top 4 strikers in the world.....

The only people who lose in this are United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs, Villa....:-)

There are a lot of mind games going on over here in Spain.

Barcelona offered Eto'o a new two-year contract before today's press conference. The only problem (for the player) is that apparently they have offered him exactly the same economic conditions (pay, signing-on fee etc.) that he is receiving at the moment.

Samuel's agent denies that they have spoken to City. Barcelona obviously have, but they would never have been told about the salary City were prepared to Eto'o.

The speculation in the press over here is that Eto'o is desperate for Barcelona to say they no longer want him, in which case he'd be on his bike to Eastlands.

IMO having listened to the press conference

Eto'o agent was well pissed off, he claimed that Barca offered a new contract on the 23rd or 24th by text and email, it was a 2 year extension the Agent said he did not receive it

He sounded and felt SHAT on big time, I believe that they are meeting with Barcelona now and I think he plans to hold another Press conference this afternoon at 4PM Spanish time.

I think the deal is done....not that the agent said so and I think he is trying to save face and get the BEST deal for Eto'o..................I think it will all be okay...Ojala

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.