Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

bluebrandon said:
johnmc said:
Right only compromise is for city and Barca to pay £6m each. No other way. Barca won't budge, Eto'o wont budge and we won't budge on the fee.

Just get it paid and splash eto'o all over the place in the new shirt and we'll make it back no probs
we dont need to do anything etoo comes the moment barca accept the offer from us which as yet they have not. once they do they free up etoo to deal with us then thats it, job done

Job done so we can close this thread now then ?

johnmc said:
Right only compromise is for city and Barca to pay £6m each. No other way. Barca won't budge, Eto'o wont budge and we won't budge on the fee.

Just get it paid and splash eto'o all over the place in the new shirt and we'll make it back no probs

We made Newcastle pay us Bartons loyalty fee. we shouldn't be hypocrites, we should pay at least half like you say

Last night going to bed i'd convinced myself it was 100% off. Now i'm 75% certain it's going through... ffs.. I swore to myself after Ronaldinho, Kaka etc that i wouldn't go through this again, and wait for the OS announcement. It's just addictive.. roll on Sept 1st.. shut the bastard window..

it just showed a phone call with flilipo ricci or something on sky sports news and he said eto is wondering y Barcelona have offered him a new contract if the manager doesn't want him and also Barcelona are trying to get David villa its still not clear if eto is staying or coming to city..............

could they be waiting to get villa and then sell eto

Wexford Blue said:
Last night going to bed i'd convinced myself it was 100% off. Now i'm 75% certain it's going through... ffs.. I swore to myself after Ronaldinho, Kaka etc that i wouldn't go through this again, and wait for the OS announcement. It's just addictive.. roll on Sept 1st.. shut the bastard window..

Why ? ..... is it cold and windy in England ?

Wexford Blue said:

Im with you on that, my rate must be going through the roof!!

I think the bigger picture here looks good for us, whatever the outcome.

If you sit back and look at this situation from the outside, it's all about the Eto'o and Barcelona fighting over the loyalty payment whilst City remain quiet. The fact remains, everyone agrees we are the only realistic bidders for one of the best forwards in the world. Whatever the outcome of this, we are now consistently associated with the best players and this will only bode well for us in the future. Think about Torres' comments in this mornings papers. I expect he is not the only world class player looking at City's project with more than a passing interest. Whether or not this deal comes off, the message is out there that we are in competing for the best players in the world and those players who ignore us or reject us risk missing the boat.

I think we'll probably sign Eto'o. But if we don't, there will be others. Remember the market only officially opens tomorrow and goes on 'til the end of August. Plenty of time, plenty more fish in the sea.

Don't know of the credentials of spursmad, but remember what he said yesterday. 'there will be a few days of posturing, then he'll sign'.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/20090630/53734904294/noticia/mesalles-la-voluntad-del-jugador-es-quedarse-en-el-barsa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/2009 ... barsa.html</a>

The agent is basically saying that Barcelona have fucked him about and told lies in the media.

They didn't offer Eto'o a contract extension until late last night

Eto'o loves Barca and wants to stay

If the manager doesn't want Eto'o at the club why have Barca offered a contract extension

City have not been in touch so Laporta can't claim he has an offer.

If Barca have received an offer then Eto'o will not stand in their way and will leave the club.

He is not a happy man!

i dont think this is happening at all, cos there has been any confirmation or denial from City that i've seen or heard. All of it has come from Barca.

Either City are thinking, keep quiet and dont get dragged into the farce officially or a secret deal has already been done.

Its all a big circus we can do without.

Signing Tevez will be nice, quiet and no fuss, how it should be.

This is now all about who 'chucked' who first. It's difficult to see how Barca can save face now, other than give him what he wants? Would kike to know more Barca fans opinions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.