Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

that guardian article is what we needed to hear!! i was wondering when they'd come out saying good about city, for me, that's the icing on the cake, if he's coming he needs to be seen as happy at coming to city instead of unhappy about leaving barca.

winner

Shaelumstash said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/30/etoo-barcelona-stay-manchester-city

Eto'o would be "delighted" to join City

Samuel Eto'o would like to stay at Barcelona next season but would be "delighted" to join Manchester City if he can't agree a new two-year contract with the Spanish champions, the player's agent said today.

Eto'o has one year remaining on his current deal with the Catalan giants and Josep Maria Mesalles is unhappy that the club appear to be forcing Eto'o out against his wishes in spite of the offer of a contract extension.

"On 2 June, the club called a meeting and I was told by (Barcelona sporting director) Txiki Begiristain and (director of football) Raul Sanllehi that due to a technical decision, Samuel does not feature in the club's plans next season," said Mesalles in a press conference today. "We then had another meeting and I was told once again that Samuel was not in their plans for next season."

Mesalles is keen to speak to Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola to clarify the situation.

"Guardiola said at the end of the season that he was delighted with Samuel, so I don't know what has changed," he said. "My mistake was to not verify this information and we need to find out what the coach wants, because he is the one who ultimately decides."

Barcelona offered Eto'o the new deal last night, but Mesalles is unsure as to the club's motives.

"I don't know if they really want Samuel to stay of if they just want to make money out of him. He would be delighted to stay if they want him and we will study their offer if it is serious, but if they don't want him we will do all we can to help Samuel find a new club. In theory he wanted to play in the Champions League, but if Manchester City have an offer accepted, we would be delighted to go there."

Eto'o scored 35 goals as Barcelona claimed an unprecedented treble of the Primera Division, Copa del Rey and Champions League last season, and is reportedly the target of a £25m transfer bid by Manchester City. The player is now on holiday with his family and is planning to return for pre-season training on 20 July.

"He will arrive in Barcelona on 19 July and will be ready for the first day of training and the medical exams the next day," Mesalles said

Get in!

nu774ll said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Blue Coop said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
HE IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've been changing your mind back and forth to go with the flow of the Transfer, lol.

Aboslute bollocks, mate. Tell me where I've changed by mind on Eto'o - read my thread yesterday on Eto'o bad news- does it not say everything which has come out today, does it not end with me saying I think it will still get done.

Oh, and if you had bothered to read the thread properly, instead of admiring your own...

BATMAN had sounded the call for positive thinking.

And you don't fcuk with the Caped Crusader

KPOW!

Well are you going to tell us anything we dont know batman!!? do you actually know anything??
There is no news, because all the main issues concern parties aside from City.
It may also explain why Spursmad, Ajay, other respected posters, my own sources for info have nowt to say.

Only sticking to their belief that Eto'o will get done.

anyone else think the use of the word "delighted" is all part of the media spin?

if hed be delighted, why hasnt he put pen to frickin paper???

"I don't know if they really want Samuel to stay of if they just want to make money out of him. He would be delighted to stay if they want him and we will study their offer if it is serious, but if they don't want him we will do all we can to help Samuel find a new club. In theory he wanted to play in the Champions League, but if Manchester City have an offer accepted, we would be delighted to go there."

This says it all..... C'Mon Samu pop that blue shirt on tomorrow along side Tev

Batman said:
anyone else think the use of the word "delighted" is all part of the media spin?

if hed be delighted, why hasnt he put pen to frickin paper???

Small matter of 13 million euros...

Wrighty Wrexham said:
johnmc said:
Sturridge can be used is a negotiating chip with chelsea up until the date of the tribunial

For what? Thought he was a free agent!

A player under the age of 24 can't leave on a free to another club when out of contract due to the bosman ruling. A fee, albeit smaller will still have to be paid and a tribual will have to take place for City and Chelsea to agree a fee, we'll probably get a couple of million out of it. I think Coventry get about 25% of the fee due to a sell on clause in his contract at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.