Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

oafc dave said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
Project said:
oafc dave said:
At least the press will ask Hughes about the Tevez and Eto'o situation in the conference. I doubtr Hughes will say anything though.

"theres a lot of speculation about certain individuals..."

"if good players become available"

"then every club will be interested"

"and we're obviously interested in quality players to take the club forward"

HappyG said:
Johnny_on said:
City should take a note from Apple on presentations..... they go through the whole thing and then say.... oh... and just ...One More Thing... then show their best stuff....

Tomorrow should be RSC and the website launch and then right at the end.....oh... and just One More Thing..... Out pops Eto'o and Tevez... on Lescotts shoulders.... with naked Cheerleaders ...and.... ...i'll leave it eh ?

I sure you mean apple and not.....

columbo_just_one_more_thing.gif

I'm sure thats where it came from :-)....

Re: 13 MILLION BIG ONES!

MouldensChippy said:
I like the way most everyone is so fast to spend our owners cash, after all it's only 13 million.

The thing is.............Why should they pay what is, after all, Barcas responsibilities? Paying this would make the club look like mugs. Can you imagine what that weakness would do to the prices we would have to pay for players in the future.

Already thought about this, and here is my idea.

City qualify for the Champions League next season lets say, and we have Robinho, Tevez and Eto'o.

Mark Hughes has a list, and lets say top of that list is John Terry.

City make a bid for Sergio Ramos, which is agreed but then turns into this situation. City pull the plug on the deal, and express they will not be held to ransom.

City make a bid for Carlos Puyol, which is agreed and turns into this situation again. City pull the plug once again and reiterate their stance.

Club's will then sit up and take notice, and the clubs will start to think they dont wont to lose out on the offer's that City are making, advantage City.

Ramos and Puyol were never wanted by City anyway, but it gets the message out their that we will no longer be taken for a ride. Trust me, these clubs ned us, more than we need them. Teams want to play politics? Thats fine, we can play them too.

yorkieblue said:
can someone update me on whats happened please :)

City have a deal in place..Etoo wants a big fat pay off for being "Loyal"... Barca dont want to pay this.. so have offered him a new contract... Which if he refuses to sign would negate that "loyalty"... They dont want him, they are calling his bluff.. I think..

Oh yeah, and spursmad still maintains that this is 100% nailed on that he will come to us.

Re: 13 MILLION BIG ONES!

Ricster said:
MouldensChippy said:
I like the way most everyone is so fast to spend our owners cash, after all it's only 13 million.

The thing is.............Why should they pay what is, after all, Barcas responsibilities? Paying this would make the club look like mugs. Can you imagine what that weakness would do to the prices we would have to pay for players in the future.

Already thought about this, and here is my idea.

City qualify for the Champions League next season lets say, and we have Robinho, Tevez and Eto'o.

Mark Hughes has a list, and lets say top of that list is John Terry.

City make a bid for Sergio Ramos, which is agreed but then turns into this situation. City pull the plug on the deal, and express they will not be held to ransom.

City make a bid for Carlos Puyol, which is agreed and turns into this situation again. City pull the plug once again and reiterate their stance.

Club's will then sit up and take notice, and the clubs will start to think they dont wont to lose out on the offer's that City are making, advantage City.

Ramos and Puyol were never wanted by City anyway, but it gets the message out their that we will no longer be taken for a ride. Trust me, these clubs ned us, more than we need them. Teams want to play politics? Thats fine, we can play them too.
This is why I think we should stand firm now. If we give in on this then every muppet will think they can get one over on us. All the future negotiations are more important than this one alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.