Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

heatonmoorblue said:
Dobsy87 said:
neil jung said:
Apparently Laporta has been gabbing again.

He says he's disappointed that Eto'o's agent is conducting his business through the media (which is a bit rich considering the "stratospheric" comments) and he is saddened by the whole affair. Didn't sound like a kiss and make-up was imminent.

Fucking Laporta is the one who's slowing this deal down. I thought he had more integrity than the likes of Galliani, but it turns out they're all the same. I'll be glad when this 'superstar signings' phase is over, because we won't have to deal with these lying, slimy prats.

I think we will probably be having a superstar signing every summer, hopefully it will become easier to get them once we progress but i doubt this will be the last saga we have with an established european side. I prefer it when we go nuts on august 31st! all done and dusted in one day of madness.

haha agreed there more fun for us and seeing other fans faces drop!

I feel we have a long wait if eto'o coming I heard somewhere he's on holiday won't be back till
about july 19th if that is the case he'll miss the game against Orlando Pirates and that pop group
Kaizer Chiefs

The Doctor said:
If the Rags go for Eto'o it's a knee jerk reaction to failure to sign their main targets. They are seriously hurting because on top of this they have lost Tevez & Ronaldo and City are hogging the headlines. They will appeal to Eto's vanity! However Eto'o should realise that he is only Rags 3rd choice.

I think the scum will end up going for Huntelar.

Laporta's comments:
Laporta revealed in the interview with Cadena Cope that he had been "saddened" by the whole affair and believes Mesalles was wrong to do what he did.

"His representative and Samuel have said that he wants to continue and the club have offered him a contract renewal with the same conditions that he had, which we believe are very good," said Laporta.

"I think that what his representative is doing is not helping Samuel. It's a mistake to take the debate in the media. It's not doing the player any favours.

"Personally this matter has left me a little disappointed, it saddens me because I hold Eto'o in high esteem.

"I would like, in the same way as I've said how up until now he has given a lot to Barca, that he (Eto'o) reflects on what Barca have given him."

Laporta added: "I will do everything possible to find the best solution for the club and for Eto'o. It would be best for both parties."

Sheikh Graabir Boubi said:
heatonmoorblue said:
Dobsy87 said:
neil jung said:

He says he's disappointed that Eto'o's agent is conducting his business through the media (which is a bit rich considering the "stratospheric" comments) and he is saddened by the whole affair. Didn't sound like a kiss and make-up was imminent.

Fucking Laporta is the one who's slowing this deal down. I thought he had more integrity than the likes of Galliani, but it turns out they're all the same. I'll be glad when this 'superstar signings' phase is over, because we won't have to deal with these lying, slimy prats.

I think we will probably be having a superstar signing every summer, hopefully it will become easier to get them once we progress but i doubt this will be the last saga we have with an established european side. I prefer it when we go nuts on august 31st! all done and dusted in one day of madness.

just been on ssn that villa wants to go only to barcelona or stay where he is i think that this is a staged media comments from both parties i think a deal will be done soon and then we may get our man.

El presidente del Barcelona dejó claro que su club está muy interesado en hacerse con los servicios del delantero valencianista, David Villa. También habló, en declaraciones a la 'Cadena Cope', sobre la posibilidad de que Cesc vuelva al equipo y las negociaciones con Etoo.
"Villa sabe que queremos reforzar la posición de delantero y él es uno de ellos y nos encantaría", reconocía Laporta. El máximo mandatario blaugrana aseguró que no sería bueno para sus intereses decir públicamente el estado del fichaje. "En en caso de Villa no sería prudente que desvelara como van las negociaciones".
Laporta también habló sobre la posibilidad de que Fábregas volviese al club donde se crió. "Cesc lleva el ADN del Barça y entiendo que algún día debería acabar jugando aquí", dijo el presidente blaugrana. Sobre el internacional español afirmó que es un jugador que gusta a todos en el club, "se ha acabado convirtiendo en un líder en el Arsenal, es un jugador que nos gusta mucho a todos, secretaría técnica, entrenador y a mí. Siempre se ha hablado de él, pero nosotros estamos pensando bien nuestras posibilidades".
Caso Etoo
El presidente del Barcelona afimó que está defrauda con el jugador camerunés. "Etoo me tiene decepcionado y entristecido, debería valorar todo lo que le ha dado el Barça a Samuel".
"Su representante y Samuel han dicho que quiere seguir y el club le ha ofrecido dos años más con las muy buenas condiciones que ya tiene", afirmó Laporta. También aprovechó para criticar al representante del jugador "lo que hace Mesalles no ayuda. Mesalles trata de trasladar el mensaje a los medios de comunicación y las cosas deben quedar en las negociaciones".

Anyone fancy giving that a translate? Latest on what is being reported from marca.

Sheikh Graabir Boubi said:
heatonmoorblue said:
Dobsy87 said:
neil jung said:

The more and more Laporta and Eto'o fall out the higher chance we have of signing him IMO.

''watch this space man city fans?"
just caught the last of what this SSN presenter was saying, what is he refering to?

jakeplattinblue said:
''watch this space man city fans?"
just caught the last of what this SSN presenter was saying, what is he refering to?
He just read out the comments Laporta made that I posted a few minutes ago.

What I don't understand is why are Barca supposed to be putting in a £25m bid in for Macherano(sp?)? They have Yaya and could just put all the rest of that in to get Villa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.