Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

ElanJo said:
Laporta is a nob

Laporta told radio station Cadena Cope: “His representative and Samuel have said that he wants to continue and the club have offered him a contract renewal with the same conditions that he had, which we believe are very good,”

“I think that what his representative is doing is not helping Samuel. It's a mistake to take the debate in the media. It's not doing the player any favours.”

Wasn't he the one who came out with the "stratospheric" crap ?

Er.

"It's not doing the player any favours". Funny he should say that.

ElanJo said:
Laporta is a nob

Laporta told radio station Cadena Cope: “His representative and Samuel have said that he wants to continue and the club have offered him a contract renewal with the same conditions that he had, which we believe are very good,”

“I think that what his representative is doing is not helping Samuel. It's a mistake to take the debate in the media. It's not doing the player any favours.”

Exactly, but the more the stories don't match up the better it is for us, it just proves they are playing a game to ensure they don't have to pay the Loyalty bonus, City should just step and say right we will pay half of this bonus, take it or leave it.

ElanJo said:
Laporta is a nob

Exactly, but the more the stories don't match up the better it is for us, it just proves they are playing a game to ensure they don't have to pay the Loyalty bonus, City should just step and say right we will pay half of this bonus, take it or leave it.

Timmmmahhhh said:
ShaunyWrightWright said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5411547,00.html

Just a confirmation that the situation actually is how we have all figured it to be. Eto'o wants to sign but wants his share, Laporta wants to play hardball.

Maybe if Villa officially signed it would speed things along.

Is it only me who doesn't see in the article where it says Eto'o wants to leave Barca?

You're right as far as he doesn't proclaim he wants to leave, only assuming that he is angling for more money or has intentions to quit if he is not given what he thinks he deserves, thus wanting to exit the club.

make an offer ffs,is it yes,is it no,if its no then f"ck off.No = erm maybe,its complex,another player signing depends on this etc etc etc..Do you want to sign,will you let him,heres the cash.FFS its too hot to deal with this shit today.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=626209&idseccio_PK=803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpubli ... cio_PK=803</a>
Asturian striker will become the fourth highest paid player of the team on a contract that binds him to the boat for 5 seasons until June 30 2014.

With an amount of 7.5 million euros per season, Villa would charge the same as canterano and second team captain, Xavi Hernandez. . A figure that could increase by 2 'pounds' in variable depending on the matches played and titles to get the boat.

The termination clause in this contract Villa reaches 120 million euros.

They look certain to sign Villa...and there is no way Guardiola will change from a front 3 next season. Henry and Messi are both staying and are not used centrally like Villa or Eto'o. If they sign Villa, there is no way he will be used in a rotation system especially when they also have Bojan who also plays centrally.

I think it's only a matter of time till Eto'o and Barca reach an agreement and he moves on to us

It is getting quite bitter. Either Eto changes his agent (the one that he doesn't have) or he leaves. I think bridges have been well and truly burnt here. I bet it's close to what happened between Robbie and Madrid. That relationsip broke down so completely that he was dying to get out.

Lets hope so, we could really do with this not dragging on, the longer it takes the more likely someone is to enter the race, we need to kick Barca into touch then make Eto'o sign the dotted line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.