Official - City end interest in Eto'o [merged]

Re: Samuel Eto'o [merged]

PaleBlue said:
My understanding (not ITK) is that Eto'o won't make a decision until 19th July when he returns from his hols.

He returns from America shortly. Pre season training starts for Barca on the 19th of July, it starts on Monday for us.

svennis pennis said:
PaleBlue said:
My understanding (not ITK) is that Eto'o won't make a decision until 19th July when he returns from his hols.

He returns from America shortly. Pre season training starts for Barca on the 19th of July, it starts on Monday for us.

A couple of articles reckon he's back from hols at the end of next week. Links on the M.E.N comments page.

MCFC_Freestyler said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
chorleybloo123 said:
If we do get him, it will be before we leave for S.A, imho.

Agreed

Same here, hughes has pointed out many times that he feels it's important to get his team together as quick as possible.

More for the Fact of how big Eto'o would be in South Africa apose to having the team complete.

But yes, that too.

I dont see united as being a threat to us for this transfer. Now that they have signed owen i cant see them forking out 30 million to sign a 28 year old player when they now have two/three options upfront. Owen or Berbaflop (both late 20's) will be the focal point of their attack with Rooney able to play just behind or on the left or right in a 4-3-3. They wouldnt have signed Owen to not play him and if they were to sign Eto'o that would give them three strikers for one position. We are in a position where we can make Eto'o the highest paid player in the league for 5 years. I can't see them offering him a contract as lucrative as ours for the same duration. I'm not overly concerned about the milan clubs either. Inter seem to not be able to find a buyer for Ibrahimovic and have already signed Milito. AC is more likely but Luis Fabiano/Adebayor seem to be their major targets.

I'm sure Eto'o does care about champions league football however I also reckon after being treated like shit by barca that he wants a bit of loving, he wants to feel and know that he is appreciated and wanted. We are the team that have let it be known how much we value him, how good we think he is and how important he would be to our 'project'. If he looks at the players we have signed and attempting to sign like robinho, tevez and the failed kaka offer then he will understand that 'El CIty' are very serious in their aims and that we have the potential to be mixing it up with the champs league teams.

Heres hoping he comes, would be an immense signing on many levels.

You guys all watched the Steven Ireland - Part 2 video on the OS?

That boy has got some dedication!

Blue Coop said:
You guys all watched the Steven Ireland - Part 2 video on the OS?

That boy has got some dedication!
yea,watched it whilst the tele was on ,sure i heard him say that he had been to Dublin for 4 days for hols and been in training ever since..
i think this lad could become a true city legend..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.