Official: City Sign Roberts from Fulham

Martin Blackburn‏@SunMartinB8h8 hours ago
#mcfc paying £4m for Patrick Roberts. Lots of add ons that could make it £10m - if he becomes a world beater.
MailOnline Sport ‏@MailSport 7m7 minutes ago
Roberts turned down Liverpool, the club he supported as a boy, to join Manchester City http://dailym.ai/1Mk16jV

The 18-year-old had one year remaining on his Fulham contract, and City agreed an initial fee of £2m for the youngster.

Roberts is City's fourth summer signing, and the third Englishman following the arrivals of Raheem Sterling from Liverpool, Fabian Delph from Aston Villa and young Turkey striker Enes Unal from Bursaspor.

He joined up with Delph in Manchester as the duo jetted off to join their new team-mates on the pre-season tour in Australia.

Roberts played just 22 times for the Cottagers after he made his debut as a second-half substitute against City in Fulham's 5-0 defeat at the Etihad Stadium in March last year .

City urgently needed to add homegrown players to their ranks after the departures of James Milner, Frank Lampard, Dedryck Boyata, Scott Sinclair and Micah Richards left them with only Joe Hart and Gael Clichy before their flurry of moves in the past week.

Liverpool are intent on wrapping up a £32.5m deal for Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke.

lol hahahhahaha
So the Sun says £4M and the Mail says £2M. Good business either way.

Let him and David Silva spend as much time together as possible, because he has the potential to be a possible replacement, albeit it is unimaginable to believe ANYONE could every really replace The Magician, who maybe the best player to ever grace a Manchester City shirt.

With Sterling, Roberts, Barker and even Navas, we've got some jinky pace down the wings, if we ever want to use it!!

Just out of interest, what do you think having a word would achieve?
I think if the right people had a word they would back off. You have to remember many of these media outlets will be funded by sponsors who have links to our owners somewhere down the line.

I just watched a few clips of this lad and i was very pleasantly surprised! Skill close control and pace and trickery no wonder a shit load of clubs were after him!

His most recent game (i think) vs Russia. Wins the pen (47 secs) with a great dribble and then scores a beaut

Just watched him on youtube under Patrick Roberts the English Messi..
very good player if this is what his game is about..
Someone do me a favour and put it on here i'm on my phone..

Hate it when a young player is named after another player it's very raggish..

Welcome to Manchester City Patrick..

Just watched him on youtube under Patrick Roberts the English Messi..
very good player if this is what his game is about..
Someone do me a favour and put it on here i'm on my phone..

Hate it when a young player is named after another player it's very raggish..

Welcome to Manchester City Patrick..

Fuck, just googled that myself. I had not seen anything of teh lad really, fucking hell if he does that on a regular basis then what a fucking purchase.

Fuck, just googled that myself. I had not seen anything of teh lad really, fucking hell if he does that on a regular basis then what a fucking purchase.

Put it on here TCIB so everyone else can see what we have seen if you would please..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.