Official City v Bayern Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pretty confident of a win in this one, mainly because we looked very good over there for 30 minutes. More than capable of beating them here.

I would actually play Zaba on the left side because Robben will only cut inside onto his left foot as his right foot is absolutely useless. This is when he will meet the thunder of Zaba's right foot :).

Just a thought.

Bayern have qualified,they top the group,they have no reason to play a full strength team against us,would we in their position?

We need to play to win and that means the strongest side. I don't think anyting else would cross the mind of anybody at City now.

Like another poster said, what if Napoli don't win? the Mancini haters will be out in force.

Also as we play next Monday there is plenty of time to recover.

royle said:
Bayern have qualified,they top the group,they have no reason to play a full strength team against us,would we in their position?

They re scum, you can t imagine how happy those cowards would be if they could get rid of the "only buying" Club.

Todays newpappers in germany are telling, Muller nd Kroos are sick nd could miss the Match. Same with Buyten. Robben nd Olic will most likely start, dunno bout Ribery.

Could be that you only see a kind of second team tomorrow - even if Bayern does not have a second team (with 20 field players of which 2 are injured and one is not Bundesliga fit by now).

But Kroos and Müller have a cold, van Buyten problems with his stomach. Olic and Robben will start - that Heynckes already mentioned.

Kicker, the biggest German soccer magazine, talks about this team:

Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Contento - Luiz Gustavo, Tymoshchuk - Robben, Alaba, Olic - Gomez

Like this Lahm and Ribery would get a rest, too.

That team should be strong in defense but might be good in counter attacks even if Müller and Ribery are missing. Have you seen the 1:0 goal from Saturday. You should watch it in slow motion and look at the runways especially of Müller and how the defenders follow... Not much passing. There is four defenders but after the running Ribery ends up in front of goal with 2 defenders on each sides not bothering him and opening the way for him and only the goalkeeper to compete against.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzGwRVYzIU[/youtube]

So it is not really a B-team. Olic has been a regular to the team that was CL finalist, we do not have to talk about Robben even if he still is not on 100 per cent, Alaba with 19 is one of the biggest talents in Europe and is a regular in the Austrian national team since more than a year.

-------

I probably just have to mention that goal after I read a topic in the redcafe about the greatest counterattacking goals ManU had - and they looked like dog food to a gourmet meal when you watched all the counter attacking goals the german squad did the recent 2 years with all the special running ways - Bayern seldom gets the chance to counter attack.

cibaman said:
If we were to field a weakened team, lose or draw, and then find out that Villareal had held Napoli, we would be the biggest laughing stock of all time. Mancini's credibility would be shot for good.
Which he wouldn't do

Napoli are unbelievably inconsistent and Villarreal won't want to finish with 0 points plus you get an extra £400k for winning. Bayern aren't as good as they were the last time they played us, with Schweinsteiger being out, I reckon we can do it.

Same team that started against United, Why NOT Mancini !!!

Hart

Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Milner
Yaya
Barry

Silva
Aguero
Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.