OFFICIAL: City v Blackburn Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Shayyy Given

He was quality today once again proved he his one of the best keepers in the premier league.

Ireland was poor but..

I thought Stevie had a poor game by his standards. And this should tell us something. All players even the best have poor games.

But up he pops with a great goal at the death.

So the next time Richards, Dunne, Robinho don't have great games lets give them support rather than a slagging.

The defence played pretty well considering we didn't have much midfield control.

And well done the ex gooners who both made a massive difference.

Given too. Without him it could have been another embarrassing away day.

The thing that should please us all is the bench. De Jong, Tevez, Petrov, Weiss etc

Re: Ireland was poor but..

robbieh said:
I thought Stevie had a poor game by his standards. And this should tell us something. All players even the best have poor games.

So the next time Richards, Dunne, Robinho don't have great games lets give them support rather than a slagging.

The defence played pretty well considering we didn't have much midfield control.

The thing that should please us all is the bench. De Jong, Tevez, Petrov, Weiss etc

Its not often he has a poor game though. However im with you on this 1 ;)

Re: Ireland was poor but..

robbieh said:

There wasnt much midfield control because Blackburn played long ball what are you on about we played the football today ffs

Re: DUNNE V TOURE

BlueSinceBirth said:
ok ok, stats mean shit right . . .

But i found this interesting!

Dunne: 2 clearances, 0 successfull tackles

Toure, 9 Clearances, 2 Successfull Tackles

I like the player stats on the official site, it says alot to me, although most would disagree.

Also

Wayne Bridge: 40 Successfull Passes
Micah Richards: 16 Successfull Passes.

your thoughts?
i thought the only areas where we looked vunerable today was at right back and on the left when robinho was on the pitch. and bridge got a bit exposed, this changed when bellamy went left and tevez came on
richards for me is still not looking right for some reason not the player he was hope he comes good though
robinho is not suited to working back as we know but is still a world class talent going forward but i feel he may be the one who will miss out often especially away from home

Post-match thoughts:

GET IN!!!

Not the most thrilling of displays but it was a perfect away performance.

Re: OFFCIAL: City v Blackburn Post Match Thread

Given - 8
Bridge - 7
Toure - 8.3
Dunne - 8
Richards - 7
Barry - 8.1
SWP - 8
Robinho - 7
Ireland - 7
Bellamy - 8.2
Adebayor - 7

Tevez - 6 (looked rusty, should have played stevie or Ade through, but a good run out)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.