OFFICIAL: City v Blackburn Post Match Discussion Thread

blueking said:
kildareblue said:
Barry, by a long shot!

Not one player had a bad game. Could argue who were the best three but don't care. We would have lost this fixture last year, Blackburn were what they are, football GBH! Only slight disappointment was how quiet Robbie was. Roll on Bracelona.

i`M SORRY BUT GARETH BARRY WAS BY FAR THE MAN OF THE MATCH TODAY!

Very happy today, even if I missed the match, after opening Fox Soccer.

What formation were we playing, 4-4-2?

<a class="postlink" href="http://thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.com/2009/08/10-talking-points-from-everton-arsenal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.com/2 ... senal.html</a>

haha good read^^

lmao number 1. (made me laugh about lescott)
number 4. (is about us)

Even from as far away as Oz, I could see that this is going to be a magic few years for Blues fans. The story of the game for me was Ireland, you could see him gradually getting things right as the game went on and his goal was pure class. Watch the sequence from the run, challenge for and winning the ball, wait for the moment, make the space and slot it home. I was watching this by myself on telly and I was ecstatic, this guy is fantastic.
Pete from Oz.

how about the hardly mentioned in all the glitz and glam of Ade, Tevez, Santa Cruz and Toure is Bellamy.

I loved his game today. a player like this is what gives clubs the type of depth to challenge for points all season.

The performances of most players were not quite as good as some our making out, in most cases there were a few mistakes made, some serious, but most of these were because players are still getting to know each other, it's the first game of the season, and a lot of them were tired coming back from internationals. MOM should be a toss up between Bellamy and Given. It was certainly a tale of two halves, with Blackburn pressing for long periods in the first half and it wouldn't have been surprising to see them level or worse, but City controlled everything in the second half even with an attack minded squad, so there is a lot of promise. Can't wait to see them at home!

Spindash said:
Danish Blue said:
What on earth was Hughes thinking of leaving out De Jong. Today we won inspite of the tactics not because of them IMHO and thats from a pro Hughes man.

Ireland had his worst game for City in I dont know how long, and why ?????? Because he never got beyond the striker once til the 91st minute then , funnily enough, he scored. Had NDJ been playing he would have been doing that all day.

Ireland was in the exact same position on numerous occasions in the second half, he just wasn't passed to.

Well he was on at least one occasion and had a good chance to score but he made a bit of a mess of the shot.

woolleyback blue said:
Last year we would have caved in under BFS's long ball aerial bombardment but we didn't this time, we toughed it out. Our weakness last year was teams who played just like this but now we are stronger with players who don't give up. No the defence wasn't rock solid but they stuck to the task and we came a way with the points. If any of the top 4 had come away with 3 pts at Blackburn after playing like we did then the sycophantic brown nose pundits would have hailed it as a great performance. Today bodes well for the future, I'd still like to see a big tall CB at City for when we play teams like this though.

Hangelland

what a class day i had! loved every bit. gareth barry was easily man of the match. if he plays like that every week we could actually do something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.