Official Everton v City Thread

Unless I am mistaken, we haven't lost a Premier League game by more than two goals all season. My gut feeling tells me that our season is now over and the boys will start doing what they did last year at this stage, taking the foot off the throttle and easing up. We are due for a good thumping and I could see Everton, Man Utd and Tottenham all beating us comfortably. My prediction is 3-0 to Everton but it could well be much worse. Remember M'boro last year?

lionheart said:
Unless I am mistaken, we haven't lost a Premier League game by more than two goals all season. My gut feeling tells me that our season is now over and the boys will start doing what they did last year at this stage, taking the foot off the throttle and easing up. We are due for a good thumping and I could see Everton, Man Utd and Tottenham all beating us comfortably. My prediction is 3-0 to Everton but it could well be much worse. Remember M'boro last year?

C'mon . You can't possibly compare now with this time last season. All the un certainty over Sven, Lack of leadership etc etc.

I think that Everton are knackered and therefore on papar beatable. Only problem is thety are canny and I think they'll be hard to break down. I reackon another frustrationg 0-0, or possible one goal in it either way.

given

richards
onouha
dunne
bridge

de jong
irealnd
elano
petrov
swp

robinho

subs: hart garrido kompany caciedo bojinov sturridge weiss

I don't think SWP will play. And the way Elano has been playing, I might be ok with that.

Reports on Bluemoon board from training ground suggest SWP and De Jong may not make it.

-----------Given------------
Richards Onouha Dunne Bridge
---------Kompany----------
Elano----Fernandes---Ireland
---------Robinho-----------
----------Caicedo----------

I'll be annoyed if we go away from home against Everton and employ the two wide men and one down the middle. Everton get stuck in week in week out, so it would be dumb to put players on the margins of the game. I hope De Jong is available. If he's fit, I'd play him instead of Elano

----------------Given
Richards - Dunne - Onuoha - Bridge
--------------Kompany
--------Elano----------Ireland
Robinho--------------------Petrov
---------------Bojinov

assuming the bulgarians are actually remotely fit this time, and sweep/de jong aren't.

Marvin said:
Reports on Bluemoon board from training ground suggest SWP and De Jong may not make it.

-----------Given------------
Richards Onouha Dunne Bridge
---------Kompany----------
Elano----Fernandes---Ireland
---------Robinho-----------
----------Caicedo----------

I'll be annoyed if we go away from home against Everton and employ the two wide men and one down the middle. Everton get stuck in week in week out, so it would be dumb to put players on the margins of the game. I hope De Jong is available. If he's fit, I'd play him instead of Elano
Please no Fernandes!!

I think it will be a tough match , but if you let Everton get off to a good start , then you could be in for a bumpy ride .
Our players have put in a good shift lately , and though tired , are full of confidence and adrenaline . If you keep a clean sheet first half , you might nick a goal in the 2nd , but I think if you don't , you'll be at least 2-0 down by half time .
Danger men probably Baines and Pienaar working down the left with Fellaini and Cahill getting on the end of something .
Goals could come from anyone , as has been the case all season . I don't expect Vaughan to play , but if he does , he is a bit of a handful and lightening quick .

Having said that , a few key players might get rested , but unlikely to be too many .

If City play well , and Everton don't , then I predict another 0-0 , as we're not conceding much this season .
If you don't play well , and Everton do , then I predict at least 3 goals saying hello to the City net .
In either case , good luck , and hope you get a Uefa placing .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.