[Official] Guardiola to manage City next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reaction from bitter rival fans is hilarious. Saw one comment under a BBC article saying 'City have no long term strategy'.

How many years down the line will people stop trotting out the 'no plan other than buying players' line? What does the club have to do? Being part of a worldwide football group with reach all over the globe isn't enough. Building a world class training facility for young players isn't enough. Attracting investment at unheard of levels from China isn't enough. Getting the world's most wanted coach isn't enough.

I bet if we built a man made island which became a sovereign state, started a breeding programme designed to produce world class athletes and then built a team of said athletes, staffed the whole club from the population of the island and won the Eurovisoon song contest there would still be idiots claiming there was no long term plan!
I'd like to live on that island.

Manchester City players to bring Guardiola next season?

Greetings from Argentina. Boca fan and supporter of the City for years.

To be fair, United fans have gone so long being looked as the only game in town. Even with City's recent emergence, Pep's appointment is a proverbial sucker punch they simply aren't prepared to deal with. It's not the nail in the coffin some might hope it is but it tilts everything in City's favor and even they know this. Should make for some interesting football over the next few seasons

To be fair, United fans have gone so long being looked as the only game in town. Even with City's recent emergence, Pep's appointment is a proverbial sucker punch they simply aren't prepared to deal with. It's not the nail in the coffin some might hope it is but it tilts everything in City's favor and even they know this. Should make for some interesting football over the next few seasons

I think Pep gives us a platform for years of success, it's not just him, it's the legacy that he leaves. He evolves teams, makes players better. I can't wait to see what he'll do with players such as Sterling, De Bruyne, Kompany etc.

I think Pep gives us a platform for years of success, it's not just him, it's the legacy that he leaves. He evolves teams, makes players better. I can't wait to see what he'll do with players such as Sterling, De Bruyne, Kompany etc.

Definitely the legacy and I do wonder if he will extend his 3 year plan/cycle with City since they tick most of the boxes he craves. Of course, I see the Brasilian NT as a possible next stop too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.