Not open for further replies.
Anyone felt this way?

Pellegrini "minding the shop"

Pep Guardiola to be Manchester City manager

15f0a084-d73a-4943-8ed2-1020a34f0a65.jpg

Ian Cheeseman

BBC Radio Manchester's City commentator

Posted at00:05
"I’ve been 90% certain for all the time Pellegrini was at City that he was minding the shop for Guardiola’s arrival.

"Just before the season started, in the hour before the first press conference of the season, Pellegrini’s contract was extended. I told anyone who would listen that it was just to stop the speculation.

"Although a contract may not have been formally signed, I believe a verbal promise has been in place for three years."

Anyone felt this way?

Pellegrini "minding the shop"

Pep Guardiola to be Manchester City manager

15f0a084-d73a-4943-8ed2-1020a34f0a65.jpg

Ian Cheeseman

BBC Radio Manchester's City commentator

Posted at00:05
"I’ve been 90% certain for all the time Pellegrini was at City that he was minding the shop for Guardiola’s arrival.

"Just before the season started, in the hour before the first press conference of the season, Pellegrini’s contract was extended. I told anyone who would listen that it was just to stop the speculation.

"Although a contract may not have been formally signed, I believe a verbal promise has been in place for three years."

That's exactly what it was. We tried to get Pep in 2012 but he wanted to go Bayern first so we got Pellers in for 3 years. Love it when a plan comes together.

@Ric may have not even conceived this leviathan then.

Agreed but was talking hypothetically. It's just the idea that a club that temples Clark Ball Neal Copper Frizell Pearce in my life time now cherry pick Guardiola. Meanwhile at the swamp they try and spin Giggs as the new messiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.