Official Manchester City vs Arsenal Matchday Thread

Aussie!

Game is to be played on the 12th September.
Home Game

Us- 3 from 3, Clean Sheet
Them- Won 2 Lost 1 , and have a CL game on the 16th

Prediction 2:0

A win from Arsenal will make it 5 straight wins, beginning from Celtic.....0.0

Coleman_wtf.gif

We've started exactly the same as 2 seasons ago winning 2-0, 1-0, 1-0 then we lost 1-0 to Arsenal, so lets hope history doesn't repeat itself.

I'll go for a hard fought 1-0 win for us Adebayor to score just to rub it in :-)

PoolHustler said:
We've started exactly the same as 2 seasons ago winning 2-0, 1-0, 1-0 then we lost 1-0 to Arsenal, so lets hope history doesn't repeat itself.

I'll go for a hard fought 1-0 win for us Adebayor to score just to rub it in :-)

Wasn't it 1-0 to Blackburn?

Early team sheet... It's still August as I write, two weeks to kick off, so subject to anything happening tomorrow in the transfer market, and any players picking up problems on international duty, this is how I'd like to line up for the Arsenal game.

------------- Shay ------------

Zab -- Toure -- Lescott -- Bridge

------------ De Jong -----------
------ Stevinho --- Barry-------

-- Tevez -------------- 'binho --
---------- Adebayor ------------

A slight reversion back to last season's tactics. I think Ireland will be pushed forward again, Barry will try and go box to box, keeping things sensible and making sure the ball is moved around nicely. De Jong will be employed to try and keep an eye on runners from midfield, and to help eliminate the threat of Arsenal's forwards dropping deeper.

First goal Tevez. Arsenal will score, possibly twice. Second goal then, not from Adebayor, or Stevie, I can see it being Lescott, maybe 'binho. 2-1 to City, or 2 all and a draw. We havent drawn at COMS, in the league, since March 08, ie the season before last (Wigan, I believe), and with everything seeming to want to be a bit different this season, a draw would fit.

kinkladze:-) said:
3 clean sheets (4 if you count Barca) but it has to end.......

2-1 City

Adebayor
Toure

i would love that!, sadly i cannot see it, 1 - 2 arsenal, barry for us.

goat boy said:
Early team sheet... It's still August as I write, two weeks to kick off, so subject to anything happening tomorrow in the transfer market, and any players picking up problems on international duty, this is how I'd like to line up for the Arsenal game.

------------- Shay ------------

Zab -- Toure -- Lescott -- Bridge

------------ De Jong -----------
------ Stevinho --- Barry-------

-- Tevez -------------- 'binho --
---------- Adebayor ------------

A slight reversion back to last season's tactics. I think Ireland will be pushed forward again, Barry will try and go box to box, keeping things sensible and making sure the ball is moved around nicely. De Jong will be employed to try and keep an eye on runners from midfield, and to help eliminate the threat of Arsenal's forwards dropping deeper.

First goal Tevez. Arsenal will score, possibly twice. Second goal then, not from Adebayor, or Stevie, I can see it being Lescott, maybe 'binho. 2-1 to City, or 2 all and a draw. We havent drawn at COMS, in the league, since March 08, ie the season before last (Wigan, I believe), and with everything seeming to want to be a bit different this season, a draw would fit.

Yeah I think thats the formation we will go for in the next two games. Not playing De Jong against Arsenal would be asking for trouble I think, their midfield control and movement is so good that the two big boys at the back will need some protection. I also believe we play our best football with that formation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.