Official Manchester City vs Arsenal Matchday Thread

From the MEN:

"FA Chief executive Ian Watmore has confirmed the Football Association will take a "good close look" at two incidents involving Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor during Saturday's 4-2 win over Arsenal at Eastlands.
Watmore confirmed Adebayor's actions would come under scrutiny in the coming days. He said: "I was pretty unimpressed really because the problems between the Arsenal fans and Adebayor are well documented, and he ran the whole length of the field to celebrate, so I think we're going to have a good close look at that one on Monday when we see it properly in the cold light of day.

"I thought the stewards did a great job of calming the situation down and it was to Manchester City's credit nothing worse happened. "Our governance team will take a good look at both of the incidents that have been highlighted and will come to the media with the answers early next week." Watmore refused to be drawn on the possible extent of any punishment which could be meted out to Adebayor, saying: "The punishments are the decision of the individual commission, if we get that far."

Seems like he has already made up his mind! But then look at his biography on the FA website!

Ian Watmore - FA Chief Executive

Ian Watmore joined The FA in June 2009 ....

He is married with four sons and is a lifelong Arsenal supporter. He now lives in the North West and watches Altrincham in the Conference when he is not watching his sons playing in the Cheshire/South Manchester leagues.

A complaint to the FA should be a priority, at least for his comments after the match, as he seemed to be steering an investigation that had yet to be ordered!

overthebluemoon said:
From the MEN:

"FA Chief executive Ian Watmore has confirmed the Football Association will take a "good close look" at two incidents involving Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor during Saturday's 4-2 win over Arsenal at Eastlands.
Watmore confirmed Adebayor's actions would come under scrutiny in the coming days. He said: "I was pretty unimpressed really because the problems between the Arsenal fans and Adebayor are well documented, and he ran the whole length of the field to celebrate, so I think we're going to have a good close look at that one on Monday when we see it properly in the cold light of day.

"I thought the stewards did a great job of calming the situation down and it was to Manchester City's credit nothing worse happened. "Our governance team will take a good look at both of the incidents that have been highlighted and will come to the media with the answers early next week." Watmore refused to be drawn on the possible extent of any punishment which could be meted out to Adebayor, saying: "The punishments are the decision of the individual commission, if we get that far."

Seems like he has already made up his mind! But then look at his biography on the FA website!

Ian Watmore - FA Chief Executive

Ian Watmore joined The FA in June 2009 ....

He is married with four sons and is a lifelong Arsenal supporter. He now lives in the North West and watches Altrincham in the Conference when he is not watching his sons playing in the Cheshire/South Manchester leagues.

A complaint to the FA should be a priority, at least for his comments after the match, as he seemed to be steering an investigation that had yet to be ordered!

Now who else supports Altrincham and is often to be seen at Old Trafford....let me see...

works for the BBC, Irish, said the other week "City in the Champions League - don't make me laugh....????

This person should disbar himself from all matters concerning anything re MCFC v. Arsenal. It is obvious that he has a prepared agenda and has already pontificated on the matter. It is clear that as far I am concerned Ade would not get a fair hearing.

It's also pretty obvious why this geezer, Gill and the other assorted goons take up positions at the FA - they have a vested interest and wish to promote their own agendas, including maintaining the status of the OldTopFour at the top of the Premiership tree.

oaksie2 said:
Given - best keeper in the prem.

Richards - back to his best.
Bridge - solid start to the season.
Toure - great start to his city career.
Lescott - giant, going to be a rock for us.

De Jong - unlucky to be out of the side.
Barry - class in a glass.
Ireland - is superman, back to his favourite position.
SWP - fine start to the season.
Bellamy - speed, enthusiasm and a quality player.

Adebayor - 3 in 3. Goals are a bonus he is the real deal.

Without Robbie and Tevez for a showcase game is a blow, we will miss them, but on a positive note it gives superman the chance to play off Adebayor with NDJ and Barry behind him, I reckon we will get a win, it won't be a classic so soon after the international break but hey 3 points is 3 points, Diaby og.
Got the team right, it was a classic and will be remembered for a very long time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.