Official Match Thread: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Fa Cup

Definitely play better with 1 striker more movement also can keep possession, bad for dzeko but we play better defensively and offensively.

Trying to hide behind the fact his team selection was pathetic

Good result, should be a trip to wembley - now need to shore up 4th in the league

Professional, 2nd gear job. Well done. PV rolled back the years, Silva ran the show. Would've liked to have seen MJ but hey ho.

Last nine home games we've won eight and drawn 1. Despite all the moaning I think we're looking good . . and good with promise of much more. Bring on the rest of the season eh?
Reading'll be a veritable wank-fest of goals!

Micah deserved Man of the Match, definitely.

Silva, Lescott, Vieira, Balotelli, Boateng, Barry and Zabaleta also had great games, and Jo is a worthy inclusion in that list (he won three headers AND had a shot).

Silva was fantastic. Somehow, in every game he plays, he manages to pull te strings in midfield. He always wants the ball, is never more than ten feet from the ball, and always does something when he gets the ball. He's an incredible player to watch, and a joy to witness. He's an incredibly intelligent footballer and knows how to play. Why can English coaches not take lessons on how Spaniards play football? He took his goal superbly, and I now have no voice because I was that happy. I have never jumped so high and screamed so much in my life.

Lescott is finally looking like the player we bought. He may not be worth the £22m we paid for him, but the price isn't his or City's fault. He organised the defence tonight and was always there to clear it away. 'If in doubt, hoof it out' seemed like it was nailed into his head. A good performance from Lescott, and would have been my Man of the Match had Richards not played so well.

Vieira (as one poster said) rolled back the years tonight. Some absolutely superb work in the midfield. He controlled the defensive midfield brilliantly, and won the header for the first goal superbly. He seems to enjoy playing in the FA Cup. When he plays awfully bad, he scores, and when he doesn't score, he plays well. A very good performance tonight against a young, speedy Aston Villa midfield.

Balotelli did well. He didn't have his best game, but his goal was simply brilliant and gets better every time I see it. He really did put a cocky swagger on that finish, and that's what I like about him. That's 10 goals from 15 games for City. Damocles is right: this boy is destined for stardom. Just so long as he keeps his head down and away from the camera. But someone as controversial as him will have to work really hard to get away from the limelight - it's a shame he enjoys it so much.

Boateng was brilliant. Surely Mancini now sees that Boateng is the partner for Kompany, and not Kolo Touré. He looks so calm when he doesn't have to make that many decisions, and if Kompany gets injured seriously (God forbid) then he's a good option to call on. He looked collected and cool-headed. Good all round game from him. Won a few headers as well.

Barry was brilliant. He looked busy, he looked sharp and was very impressive. He won the ball back several times and broke up what little Villa offered. He soon shut the Villa fans up with some decent passing and some surprisingly quick movement. That's the best way to prove your point, Gareth!

Zabaleta - I can't say anything else other than 'passion' and 'Captain Fantastic'. Great game.

Good performance by you lot.

We always let one in early and it's more or less game over.

I thought we played well between the boxes, but crap in them.

I love Barry Bannan.

Do us a favour and win it?

Don't think I could take Man Utd or Birmingham winning it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.