Official MatchDay Thread | Manchester City v Blackburn

Well it does seem like ages since we last played, there’s been a lot of talk about meaningless international matches at this time of the season. I wouldn’t consider these games to be meaningless, especially given City’s contribution to England this week. But I think that the games could have been timed better, not just for the Premier League but all the countries, especially with us only just getting over the World Cup. But there’s not much we can do about this, we’ve just got to back in the saddle as quick as possible. I’ve still not got the defeat against Sunderland out of my system and I suspect a great many of fellow Blues are the same. Hopefully we’ll learn a big lesson from this and move onward and upward.

Well, we have a bit of a collector’s item on Saturday; a 3.00pm kick off on a Saturday!! It’s a bit early to say it’s a must win game, but it is. Not that the result of the game will necessarily have a dramatic effect on our season, but the press will go into overdrive if we don’t win after the Sunderland game. Blackburn’s away record is pretty poor, last season they won just 3 away games losing 11. They only scored 13 goals and the way the season has started this season not much seems to have changed. A repeat of last season’s 4-1 victory at COMS will be very welcome indeed!

Rovers seem to have only one injury doubt over Martin Olsson, which means Benjani could well make a return. Whatever you think of Benjani’s ability, he was a City player and one that whilst he was with us performed to the best of his ability. That ability is not the same quality of the players we’ve got now, but I’ll always remember that goal at Sold Trafford and I hope he get a decent welcome, irrespective of the comments he made on signing for Blackburn.

Hopefully we’ll get a first look at Jerome Boateng in competitive action in a City shirt, but it looks like we’ll still be without Kolorov. Super Mario has had his operation today and here’s hoping he makes a speedy recovery. I fancy this team:

Hart

Boateng Toure Kompany Lescott

De Jong

Yaya Barry

AJ Milner

Tevez

It’s a team that can get a nice solid shape when necessary but should be able to get forward. If I was to forgo one player it’d have to be Nige, and possibly go with a 2nd striker. I was a bit torn over this as I think he’s played well so far, for me he’s performed better than Yaya, but Yaya I think offers more going forward than Nige. Anyway it’s a nice place to be in when you can chop and change such excellent players.

I fancy us to really go at Blackburn after the Sunderland result. We should have been home and hosed by half time at the Stadium of Light and I don’t think that we’ll make the same mistake again, I’m going for 3-0, having had a quick glance at the betting it’s pretty much 7/1 across the board, but Billy Hills & Skybet have got it at 8/1. Not great value for a 3-0 score line but that’s something we’re going to have to get used to I’m afraid.

Keep it Blue

jayrea said:
I am bringing my son to the City v Blackburn game on Saturday. Is there any opportunity before the match to get some player autographs?

Hang around the main entrance two hours before kick off

As much as I love De Jong, I will be extremely pissed off if he plays tomorrow.

We are playing Blackburn at home, we do not need a holding midfielder. So for me:

------------------Hart

Boateng----Toure----Kompany----Lescott

---AJ------Yaya------Barry-----Milner

---------------Tevez

--------------Adebayor

Or you could play Tevez with Silva behind but physical Blackburn may not be the game for him.

Thaksins Love Child said:

We are playing Blackburn at home, we do not need a holding midfielder. So for me:

------------------Hart

---------------Tevez

--------------Adebayor

Or you could play Tevez with Silva behind but physical Blackburn may not be the game for him.

This for me

onceabluealways said:
Thaksins Love Child said:

------------------Hart

---------------Tevez

--------------Adebayor

This for me

If i were to change my team it would be for this. I really like the look of Silva, but I'm not yet sure of his ability to stand up to the physical side of the premier league.

Read on the OS that tevez has "picked up a knock" on international duty, and boateng isn't ready!

Fuming! International duty is such a joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.