Official MCFC V Celtic MATCH thread.

smiles said:
allblues09 said:
I agree. His first touch has been shocking. I assume that is down to a lack of match fitness and hopefully it will come with time.

I think we looked pretty good for the spells. How was the Celtic goal not offside? I have not seen a replay, but unless someone other than Dunne was playing him onside, it seemed a bad call.

Either way Dunne was well beaten and it was a well taken attempt.

GREAT GOAL by Barry!

Dunne played n onside...

it was fucking ben haim.. how does Dunnie stand a chance when he gets blamed for other peoples errors.. bloody hell.. the goal was Sweeps fault anyway

How on earth could the Celtic goalscorer not be offside. Beggars belief. City playing well, pity Toure had to go off he was playing brilliantly. Why no Ade, is he being saved for second half. We still need that sharpness in front of goal but that will come.

robbieh said:
Can we stop blaming the players.

One week it's Dunne, another it's Ben Haim. Some days it's Robinho.. too lazy. Other players regularly come in for stick.

They are almost all international players of some note.

The man who has spent almost 200 million yes 200 million is the problem here not the players.

Last year the only saving grace was that at home our very talented players played with freedom and I don't think Hughes had much to do with it.

If he manages to coach that out of us we are in for some serious trouble this year.

People will say this is a friendly and only half time at that. But can anyone say after watching all these build up games that we have improved on last year.

Adebayor may well come on and score a hatrick or Tevez change the game with a bit of magic but that will not paper over what looks like a distinct lack of organization. Poor defending, not poor defenders. Atrocious corners etc Shouldn't all this have been addressed by now?

I rest my case.

Useless flap session.

sdavros said:
smiles said:
Dunne played n onside...

it was fucking ben haim.. how does Dunnie stand a chance when he gets blamed for other peoples errors.. bloody hell.. the goal was Sweeps fault anyway

It was obviously dunne, he tracked the player backlong enough to play him onside but then trailed 3 yards behind him.

Bluefinn said:
mcigo said:
Robinho and Wright Phillips have been absolutely awful. Robinho has been predictable and gets tackled every time and Wright Phillips can't find a blue shirt
Totally agree Bluefinn. Robinho is surrounded by three players every time he gets the ball and still manages to win free kicks of extracate himself. We need better movement to take advantage of this instead of the team just watching him.

I think we are watching different games. Robinho has been the best player on pitch and without him we wouldnt even have the half chances we have now.

woolleyback blue said:
How on earth could the Celtic goalscorer not be offside. Beggars belief. City playing well, pity Toure had to go off he was playing brilliantly. Why no Ade, is he being saved for second half. We still need that sharpness in front of goal but that will come.

when samaras played the ball killen was at least 2 yards onside

ultimateharold said:
Can anyone describe Barry goal?

Ball was worked out of defence well up the right side. Zabaleta put in beautiful outswinging cross from out wide. Barry was arriving in the box, didnt have to break stride and volleyed first time on his left foot from about 10 yards in to the corner. Very nice goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.