OFFICIAL Photoshop Kit Design Thread

Re: Kit Designs

2r213f9.jpg

Tried to keep this one simple. My photoshop skills aren't the best so go easy on me :D

Cal said:
keemcfc said:
love it, but are our players going to want to wear a shirt with an iron cross on it?

also, its from 1884 ( i thought i rekognised it from my twenties)

I am very sure that the cross on the shirt has nothing at all to do with the Iron Cross.

As the shirt was originally from 1884, the Iron Cross hadn't been tarnished by the Nazi's yet...and also we were a church side. I'm no Gary James, but I'd say the cross was a symbol for St. Marks Church and not the Iron Cross.

*sigh*

The "Iron Cross" and "Knights Cross" are based on the cross of the Teutonic Knights, and, hence, are originally Christian. The Iron Cross itself predates the NSDAP: the Knights Cross was an invention of Adolf et al. The cross worn on the shirt by Gorton St. Marks is not the cross of the Teutonic Knights, but is the cross of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Rhodes, Knights of Malta (name changed as they moved)...and early variant of the(ir) "Maltese Cross" (the one we are all familair with) and has nothing whatsoever to do with with the NSDAP. If you look closely, the arms on a Teutonic Cross are curved, those on the cross on the shirt are straight.

At least that is my understanding of the issue; could be wrong.

Brucie Bonus said:
Cal said:
I am very sure that the cross on the shirt has nothing at all to do with the Iron Cross.

As the shirt was originally from 1884, the Iron Cross hadn't been tarnished by the Nazi's yet...and also we were a church side. I'm no Gary James, but I'd say the cross was a symbol for St. Marks Church and not the Iron Cross.

*sigh*

The "Iron Cross" and "Knights Cross" are based on the cross of the Teutonic Knights, and, hence, are originally Christian. The Iron Cross itself predates the NSDAP: the Knights Cross was an invention of Adolf et al. The cross worn on the shirt by Gorton St. Marks is not the cross of the Teutonic Knights, but is the cross of the Knights of St. John of Jerusalem, Knights of Rhodes, Knights of Malta (name changed as they moved)...and early variant of the(ir) "Maltese Cross" (the one we are all familair with) and has nothing whatsoever to do with with the NSDAP. If you look closely, the arms on a Teutonic Cross are curved, those on the cross on the shirt are straight.

At least that is my understanding of the issue; could be wrong.

Ec-fuckin-zactly Brucie, you tell em.

Although i thought they were called St Johns Knights as opposed to the Knights of St John....

And later became the 'Peoples front of Judea'
Or was it the 'Judean Peoples front'? Sh*t cant remember, my memory aint what it used to be!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.