Official Rangers v City Thread

Chippy_boy said:
Garry.Cook said:
2) People on this website need to chill their beans and start slagging the team off if we play poorly or get poor results WHEN IT MATTERS! This is still considered time for the team to gel and we appear to be getting better and better.

Well kindof.

But the thing is, we don't set out to play shit and get beaten, do we.

So when we do play shit and get beaten, then something hasn't gone to plan. Clearly all is not right.

To that extent, this is worrying. Are we to believe that somehow, in 2 games time, all will be sorted? Well maybe. More likely not. If we were shit today, likely we will still be shit at the start of the season.

I can see where you're coming from mate but I reckon considering the opposition is getting better, we are definitely improving in performance and results. Also consider that come the start of the season, the new lads will have had another match together and countless training sessions. No reason to worry yet.

Brucie Bonus said:
morleyswife said:
Type gets lost in translation

You inferred that anyone saying this was a friendly rattled you and used the lowest form of wit by quoting sarcastic "meaningless" in your meaningless post

Any way not having a war of words as I am to old for this shit, see seat above and we will chat?

You really DON'T understand do you? The issue was never whether the game was a "friendly", but whether it was meaningless. You failed to understand my post, didn't you? You did a Clarkie. I think you're the one that's rattled my old mucker, hence the thinly-veiled threat, "see seat above" and "I am too old for this shit". Tell you what, you pay for my plane tickets and all that and I'll be happy to chat.

BTW: it's implied, not inferred.
Friendlies are meaningless. So we learnt nothing. Nothing to see, move along. We didn't learn that the usual suspects play as badly during friendlies as they do in league / cup games. We didn't learn that. Another meaningless game, filled with meaningless performances, that tell us nothing. Obviously, as all our pre-season games are meaningless (the games in SA were also meaningless), Hughes has learnt nothing about his players, in any way, shape, or form - except they play in meaningless games in front of fans that pay meaningless money and waste their meaningless time. Naturally, as this game (and all others pre-season are meaningless) was without meaning, Hughes cannot take them into consideration when it comes to tactics and so on.

Shame for all those Blues that made the trip. I think the club should be honest and let fans know that games like this are meaningless.

Back to the point (meaningless)I said friendlies but not in your rant

Balti said:
Weak City team just loses to UEFA finalists away from home in meaningless friendly.

Big fucking deal.

We will lose more important games than that and it still won't mean we're shit and we won't have our best season in donkeys.

Get a grip ffs. Anyone who thinks we have a divine right to win every game cos we have some cash should fuck off now before they are seriously traumatised.

And as for Rangers with their massive history in a two club shit league where Rhyl could qualify for Europe if they were jocks....Fuck off as well.

xx

Lmao, quality post mate. Rhyl!!!

Shame some of the chat is now becoming a bit derogatory.
Im a Rangers fan who has always had a soft spot for City and I was at the game. It was actually quite entertaining for a pre-season game and a draw wouldve probably been a fair result. Had a beer with a few City fans before the game who were right decent lads and the relationship between both sets of fans during the game seemed good. Hopefully the guys who made the trip up enjoyed it if not the result and they sober up soon lol.
Hopefully you can turn over the big heads across Manchester and have a good season...starting from this coming Saturday lol.

i thought it was an entertaining game tonight. Plenty of positives to take out of the game and another opportunity for the players to gain their fitness.

I thought the interplay between adebayor, robinho and ireland was fantastic at times. I thought 2nd half after Barry and De Jong coming off we looked very weak in midfield which is expected. As for saying why cant we defend corners whilst adebayor was on he won quite a few headers to clear the play away.

I do however think a central defender ie lescott is vital for us to be a success as Dunne i feel is on borrowed time. Watching him be constantly out of position and giving so many needless free kicks away is ridiculous. As for the other clown Ben Haim i just wish he would fuck off somewhere as he is a joke of a footballer.

At the end off the day the reason we lost was because we had a team of reserves out towards the end and many of them looked out of position and out of sorts. As for etuhu starting he is not fit to lace weiss boots and if there is a choice on saturday (if tevez is injured) please hughes start weiss instead of kelvin.

Overall though a good run out and plenty of positives out of the game. I for one am looking forward to saturday and then blackburn away on the 15th.

sedneM1 said:
106iufl.jpg

Nope but it can buy decent banners

Twats, How hard is it to finish outside the top 2 for them year in year out, im sure a championship team would finish in the top 2 in that league, and by having done so for 70 years have some "history"

morleyswife said:
jhg1989 said:
Well going to get a roasting off the rags at work tomorrow. Sick of feeding them with ammunition! We still seem to be as average as last season. Defense still needs sorting & to push on properly we need another instrumental midfielder!

Grow a backbone - its a freindly - and secretly keep it in your heart that we will beat them twice next season

I always fend for City untill the end but it's 4 Rags against me here, I don't get a word in and by the time I do it's over we have been well and truly ripped apart and leaves me ending up saying something shit like - we'll see what happens :(

I always have it in my heart that we will! :D

Really would like to see some guys on here if Celtic gets beaten 6-0 and Robinho injures his knee.
"MH out, it was just a pre season friendly!!!"

hertsblue said:
sedneM1 said:

Twats, How hard is it to finish outside the top 2 for them year in year out, im sure a championship team would finish in the top 2 in that league, and by having done so for 70 years have some "history"

SPL 12 teams - 2 horse race
EPL 20 teams - 2 horse race

But hey, keep deluding yourself.

All the best for the season ahead Bluemooners. A lot of quality in the City side that'll need time to gel.
Break into the top 4 this season and challenge for the 10/11 title.

Ps. Enjoyed the sing song last night.

hertsblue said:
sedneM1 said:

70 years of bile, bigotry and hatred

wankers the lot of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.