Official Rangers v City Thread

Garry.Cook said:
2) People on this website need to chill their beans and start slagging the team off if we play poorly or get poor results WHEN IT MATTERS! This is still considered time for the team to gel and we appear to be getting better and better.

Well kindof.

But the thing is, we don't set out to play shit and get beaten, do we.

So when we do play shit and get beaten, then something hasn't gone to plan. Clearly all is not right.

To that extent, this is worrying. Are we to believe that somehow, in 2 games time, all will be sorted? Well maybe. More likely not. If we were shit today, likely we will still be shit at the start of the season.

smiles said:
I really enjoyed the game and thought there were a lot of positives to be taken from it, but a few things bothered me.

Positives-

good movement of the ball and link up play.
looking very threatening going forward
good midfield play

negatives-

very unorganised and shakey in defense
loss of formation, generally odd formation
poor positional play from our back four
strange subsitutions

I won't lose any sleep over this one, it is a friendly after all but there I think there a lot of questions you have to ask of MH's tactics. It seems we have still have the same strengths and weaknesses as last season, which is worrying. Top 5 team going forward, bottom ten team at the back.

Our back four is a mess. I am convinced while Richards has a lot of talent he lacks the footballing brain and positional awareness to be a top full-back. Bridge is doing a job,but he seems to get caught out in defense far too often. I'm holding judgement on Toure. Dunne, is simply not good enough.
Agreed!

106iufl.jpg

g180aj said:
zeven said:
At least Kompany tries to bring the ball forward.

De jong is a great player, but Kompany bring something extra.

kompany is a better and calmer player and tonight dejong looked better because barry made him look good when he went off it affected us IMO

Kompany can also win headers, can't remmember De Jong winning a lot.

zeven said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Kompany's passing is no better than De Jong's and De Jong keeps the ball much better, when he went off tonight we looked completely lost in the middle of the park

At least Kompany tries to bring the ball forward.

De jong is a great player, but Kompany bring something extra.

No he isn't. Not even worth half what we paid for him up to now.

Weak City team just loses to UEFA finalists away from home in meaningless friendly.

Big fucking deal.

We will lose more important games than that and it still won't mean we're shit and we won't have our best season in donkeys.

Get a grip ffs. Anyone who thinks we have a divine right to win every game cos we have some cash should fuck off now before they are seriously traumatised.

And as for Rangers with their massive history in a two club shit league where Rhyl could qualify for Europe if they were jocks....Fuck off as well.

xx

squirtyflower said:
sedneM1 said:
money can't buy his tory?
no but it can buy a duck pond house
PMSL mate when i first looked at it i thought it said "HIS TORY" aswell lololol..... This is to all them dicks who say money cant buy history..... who cares about history??? should only the clubs with history be at the top??? WERE FUCKIN MAKING HISTORY NOW YOU FUCKIN PRICKS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.