Official Supporters Club Membership: 2024-25 Season

Summary of the OSC AGM

Alan Galley re-elected as Chair.

Finances. Balance same as last year with donations to charity increased:
CITC £30k
Maine Road FC £2,500
Players Association £10,500 . Whitey, Brighty, Big Joe and Alex Williams present.

Charity budget spent of around £8k including help to Christie Hospital

Membership: 37,250 members and 405 Branches

New rules in place inc. overseas Branches having to have at least 70% members living in Coubtry if Branch.

Equality. Strong links with City projects including on mental health.

Brooks bar awarded signed shirt for 75 years.

Programmes: 26 home games last season. Majority had 2 OSC pages. 260 pics in season

3 trophy tour. Invites out this week. Club can't cover total cost this year.

AOB: Focus on persuading City to lift charges for disabled parking and reopen consultation
Some interesting stuff, thanks. Don't suppose you know how many of the 37k members are UK based and surely overseas branches should have a greater % living in the country.

Nothing to do with me but why would anybody want to be in a branch in a different country?
I think the justification is around say a student from a Country coming to study here for a time and wanting to keep their home membership. Likewise, I think there are a few Manc Blues who are involved in running bars in Spain etc during the holiday season and come back to England for the winter. they might be part of an overseas Branch. I think it's a small minority.

Some interesting stuff, thanks. Don't suppose you know how many of the 37k members are UK based and surely overseas branches should have a greater % living in the country.
I don't know in terms of numbers of members but the number of overseas Branches overtook the number of British Branches a couple of years ago. Some of the overseas Branches have been going a very long time and I had some good banter with lifelong Norwegian Blues on Sunday.

We know there has been strong growth in OSC numbers across Britain. We had 250 members last season (Harrogate) and I chatted to a mate from the Cambridge Branch last season who said they had similar numbers. I think that helps when we are selling out 9K or 10k for Spurs Away in the Cup on a Friday night.

Last edited:
Summary of the OSC AGM

Alan Galley re-elected as Chair.

Finances. Balance same as last year with donations to charity increased:
CITC £30k
Maine Road FC £2,500
Players Association £10,500 . Whitey, Brighty, Big Joe and Alex Williams present.

Charity budget spent of around £8k including help to Christie Hospital

Membership: 37,250 members and 405 Branches

New rules in place inc. overseas Branches having to have at least 70% members living in Coubtry if Branch.

Equality. Strong links with City projects including on mental health.

Brooks bar awarded signed shirt for 75 years.

Programmes: 26 home games last season. Majority had 2 OSC pages. 260 pics in season

3 trophy tour. Invites out this week. Club can't cover total cost this year.

AOB: Focus on persuading City to lift charges for disabled parking and reopen consultation
I was there on Sunday - was a good meeting with some good points discussed.

You missed the 'Alan Galley had a mare' as the first notable action! ;-)

I think the justification is around say a student from a Country coming to study here for a time and wanting to keep their home membership. Likewise, I think there are a few Manc Blues who are involved in running bars in Spain etc during the holiday season and come back to England for the winter. they might be part of an overseas Branch. I think it's a small minority.

Thanks. That makes sense. Wouldn’t have thought it would account for anything like 30% though. Maybe they’re heading off a potential issue that doesn’t currently exist with that rule.

Does that guy still go who complains about the scoreboard every year in ‘Any other business?’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.