Official Tottenham Hotspur v Man City thread

3 goals in our last 8 away games.

Months since we last kept a clean sheet away.

its been proven time and time again that for us, 2 defensive midfielders isnt working. Perhaps its the formation, perhaps the players, perhaps the tactics. A defensive midfielder is meant to be extra protection for the back 4. We have 2 of them yet every game are ripped open at the back.

We sit back and are to defensive but dont have good enough players to keep clean sheets. When we do go 1 down we then are clueless as no attacking threat on the pitch.

Could have been 4-5 down today if not for Given. Massive clearout is needed from top to bottom

Not meant as a dig at Hughes - he's had enough of those - but has he ever shown an awareness of how to change a game when we've been losing (or just not getting anywhere)?

I don't recall a single game he's made a difference too so for that reason - Hughes Out (lol)

Bluestones said:
1-0 down, Sturridge and Boj on the bench and the clown brings on a third defensive midfielder. We are however making progress.....from 8th and Europe to 10th and no Europe...and he has only spent £100million or so. Definitely deserves a new contract.

Don't forget a standing ovation from the press-box and arse-kissing from the journalists every press conference.

ono said:
GoForGlory said:
H _ _ _ _ _ O _ _ !
U?

H U _ _ _ _ O U _

Yes! I think you could figure it out by now though.

As always it's probably best to wait until a couple of days after a match for a more sober opinion, or maybe it isn't I don't know....but the facts are that gazillions have been spent on City this year and we're worse than we were last year, that IS a fact, and I do believe that it has to do with the manager. We've got more or less the same defenders as last season, but for some reason we cannot defend!

Richard said:
We need a new defence if we are to be challenging for ANYTHING next year. The amount of times Given has pulled us out of the shit, not just in this game, but since January is scary. A Left Back and a Centre Back should be a priority this summer.

Dont forget a new manager! It might help!

For once, I just wish he would grow a pair and just go for it!

What the fuck have we got to lose. Fulham are winning and we are losing. Its over if we dont. Bets on his next substitute being Gelson?

I've seen nothing to convince me we are capable of getting the win we need from this match, need a much better 2nd half.

Ed68 said:
Not meant as a dig at Hughes - he's had enough of those - but has he ever shown an awareness of how to change a game when we've been losing (or just not getting anywhere)?

I don't recall a single game he's made a difference too so for that reason - Hughes Out (lol)

This is my main gripe against Hughes. I honestly dont think he has the tactical awareness to change things for the better.

Ricster said:
Spurs should be 4 up. If it wasn't for Given.

Absolute shambles yet again away from home, and why do we play 2 Def Mids? No other team i can think of that play the same formation do that.

Can someone please explain to me exactly what our 2 'defensive midfielders' do? Because they certainly don't break up play, protect the back four or prevent goals!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.