Official Villa post match reaction thread. {merged - trial}

Re: We Lost

We lost with most of our consistent performers well under par. Thought Kolarov and boating played well, the rest were average and below average. I'll take it as a one off

A worrying trend

Bad result, and I can take losing [it happens to the best teams] but some things worried me today:
1. NO leader on the pitch driving the team forward when we were struggling - we looked a bunch of expensive strangers
2. TEVEZ has to learn he can't always score, when he's not in a position to score and team mates are in space he should pass but doesn't.

This is the worrying bit:
3. Mancini did not address where we were going wrong. Super worrying. We could all see we needed width yet Johnson was inside too much while the 2 occasions he got on the outside he looked dangerous and isn't that the point of bringing in Dzeko? He was shifted out to the left when he should have been told to remain central and the full backs or Johnson told to get crosses in at pace.
4. Complete lack of urgency as a team. The players seemed half asleep. I'll forgive Silva, it was his worst performance, he looked like a zombie out there but collectively they were asleep and obviously Mancini didn't affect them at half time.
5. Movement up front was non-existent.
6. Against a poor but highly motivated Villa we couldn't find a solution - that is very worrying as it's become a trend that Mancini hasn't adressed in his time at City.

BUT
Kolarov was fantastic today. The true Kolarov and our only decent player.

Mancini needs to adress these shortcomings as it is THOSE points above which make the difference between 3rd/ 2nd or 1st NOT just buying another striker and throwing him in.

NOt saying Mancini out, i've warmed to him since my Birminngham rant but there is still something about him which makes me think he won't deliver when we really need it, when the pressure is really on, that extra 5% of managerial expertise that unfortunatly TW*T HEAD over in Stretford has.

Re: We Lost

As I said in another thread

....I'm sure you'll kill me now but...you were bloody awful...Silva lost the ball every time he had it, Yaya and Kolo kept passing the ball to the opposition, Tevez kept banging into the Villa defenders (being selfish as usual)...Barry was shite, so was Boateng...Johnson used one of six chances to cross and 5 others were a waste of time, trying to beat the full back and turn on his left foot...and Mancini played Dzeko as a winger, pulled him back behind Silva and Tevez (something I couldn't really figure out) and even though he was useless he did provide a few crosses and as the others made too many mistakes...short re-cap

Re: A worrying trend

Spot on about Silva, he virtually under hit every pass today!

IMO title was surrended today - hope I'm wrong!

Re: A worrying trend

I thought you guys were unlucky today, it was just one of those days where the ball just wouldnt go in....no need to over analyse this one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.