Official Villa post match reaction thread. {merged - trial}

Re: A worrying trend

gooney said:
I thought you guys were unlucky today, it was just one of those days where the ball just wouldnt go in....no need to over analyse this one

Spot on mate. As mancini likes to say "this is football", it happens.

gooney said:
I thought you guys were unlucky today, it was just one of those days where the ball just wouldnt go in....no need to over analyse this one
From watching it, there was only 1 chance that nearly went in, apart from that we were only creating half chances because the formation wasn't changed to overcome the problem Villa posed.

Re: Plan B please mr Mancini?

Title is over... we now simply lower our expectations and aim for what we wanted last season, a spot in the Champions League.

I don't think there has ever been a better season to go for the title though. We had our chances and pissed it up.

Losses against Sunderland, Wolves and Everton

Draws against Blackburn, Stoke, Birmingham... and even playing for a draw on home soil against the big teams. That suggests to me we aint good enough to win it yet.

I wouldn't call hitting the posts , numerous desperate body blocks as an indication that we ran out of ideas. We gifted them a lead and from that moment they played with 9 defenders. We still had to be wary of the counter attack, but had them on the rack for virtually the entire 2nd half. An individual mistake cost us the game its as simple as that.

On a sidenote Nigel hit the post today, i'm pretty sure they'll have to buy a new set of goals as his shots melt iron.

The lack of urgency and desire to drive forward was the thing that stood out. They knew we had to win tonight, maybe some of them cant handle the pressure. The manager can only do so much, its down to the players at the end of the day.

Nothing wrong

I personally didn't see a lot wrong tonight.It's just shit bad luck and it happens.We've had a few games when we've been fortunate to win and tonight villa were fortunate.We've not really had a settled side all season.There's always been someone new starting or a player coming back from injury etc.Once everybody knows each other we'll be ok.

Re: Plan B please mr Mancini?

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Title is over... we now simply lower our expectations and aim for what we wanted last season, a spot in the Champions League.

I don't think there has ever been a better season to go for the title though. We had our chances and pissed it up.

Losses against Sunderland, Wolves and Everton

Draws against Blackburn, Stoke, Birmingham... and even playing for a draw on home soil against the big teams. That suggests to me we aint good enough to win it yet.
Come back tomorrow, plenty of moaners at this forum already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.