Official Villa post match reaction thread. {merged - trial}

Dzeko on LW was clearly an instruction, and completely idiotic as you say. Complete waste of his height and physical menace in the box.
Also I think Johnson was needed from the start.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Barca play 4-3-3 with interchangeable players, all 3 are quick.

Madrid play with Ronaldo, Di Maria, Ozil, Marcelo, Ramos, all quick.

We don't have any.

they are not just quick , they are GIFTED , they are world players. thats what we lack .

Why the fuck is Johnson on the right side ??? Each time he was supposed to cross the ball MJ switched from right to left foot. :S

Okay lets just get some clarity on the issue

These are the statistics from the game we beat them 4-0

Possession
City: 62%-38%: Villa

Shots on Target
City:8-4:Villa

Shots off Target
City:3-5:Villa

Corners
City: 8-6:Villa

And here are the stats from yesterdays loss 1-0

Possession
City: 55%-45%: Villa

Shots on Target
City: 14-8:Villa

Shots off Target
City: 10-2:Villa

Corners
City: 13-2:Villa

So as you can see we completely dominated the game yesterday, even more so than when they played at home.

Key Facts:

City had 24 shots yesterday (14 on target), which is 13 more than we had at home in the 4-0 win (with 6 more on target).

City had 13 corners yesterday which is 5 more than in the 4-0 reverse fixture.

Darrern Bent only touched the ball 27 time yesterday. Only a third of the amount of touches that Tevez or Silva had in the game.

As you can see there is little reason to be too despondent about yesterdays result, as we played arguably better than when we beat them 4-0! And unfortunately we lost to the occasion of Darrern Bent, rather than superb play.

This is a minor blip. At least Spurs dropped points.

Ntini77 said:
Most teams will struggle to score against an 8-2-0 formation.

Take Arsenal for example earlier this month against us.............

But they scored and we didn't.

Apologies for jumping on you with my first post. :)

Re: A worrying trend

gooney said:
I thought you guys were unlucky today, it was just one of those days where the ball just wouldnt go in....no need to over analyse this one

i guess as the "outsiders " on this forum its easy to say it but all you man city fans watch your team each week we "villa " have only seen you twice guys you cant force the issue when it aint your day you wont win it doesnt make your team crap this player that and the solution must be that !!!
you did enough but luck and fortune was with us " villa "

sats say you did enough and are doing enough of the right things to win matches . you lost move on ...
idoubt you will lose too many or be unlucky
the law of averages says more shots more possesion wins you games
it just wasnt your day
im sure you have been on the other end wheer you have not performed and won ....
good with the bad
im sure i put on a thread somewhere that if we win there would be FREE BEER AT THE TURKS HEAD SO IM THE ONE F FF ING SWEATING ... i SHALL SEARCH FOR IT NOW ....
THANKS TO THE GUYS WHO POPPED IN BY THE WAY . NICE BUNCH
IF YOUR DOWN FOR THE BLUES GAME AND WANT A MATCH DAY BAR I WILL PUT ON A BARREL @£1 A PINT SHOULD YOU PRINT OFF THIS MESSAGE !!!! WHILE STOCKS LAST OBVIOUSLY ....
FACE BOOK US ..

Phew .... I HAD OFFERED FREE BEER IF WE BEAT YOU !!!!

But THATWAS maine rd game ..... *sighs phew *

But if you guys are coming down for the blues game and want a match night pub where you can get served . pm me and i will arrange to open basement bar for those who printoff blue moon post SELECTED BEER £1.90 A PINT TILL IT RUNS OUT ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.