Officially the least used academy in Europes top 5 leagues.

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by domalino, 5 Dec 2019.

1. The Fat el Hombre

The Fat el Hombre

People can make excuses all they like but it's poor and we need to start giving the kids nore of a chance more often

franksinatra likes this.
  2. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    Be more relevant to see the number of minutes played by all graduates for all clubs We have produced plenty of players that are doing well at others clubs, as mentioned previously it’s not easy to get into City’s first team

salfordbluetrue likes this.
  3. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    Ben Mee & Kieran Tripper ?
    James Hardy George Evans & George ? Aleix Garcia Devante Cole Brandon Barker Luke Bolton Kean Bryan Jack Bryan John Guidetti

Last edited: 11 Mar 2020

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Blue Bogey

Blue Bogey

Developed by us but these went on free transfers. I was looking at the upside where we probably got back at least in transfer fees what it cost to develop them.

However probably a fact not known by every fan is that clubs have to pay training compensation to clubs who develop players up to the season in which that player reaches their 23rd birthday. So in essence we should have at least received training compensation for those you list.

Gordyola likes this.
  5. Bob Hope

Bob Hope

I'm sure we got 1 million for Trippier don't know about Ben Mee.

6. Blue Bogey

Blue Bogey

Ok, so I have dug around and Trippier left City for Burnley in an undisclosed fee with a sell on clause. When Spurs picked him up from Burnley we got a fee of around £1.24m thereabouts for the sell on from Burnley. Edited the earlier list.

7. Blue Bogey

Blue Bogey

Digging around I have discovered that Ben Mee did leave for a fee, but it was undisclosed. Also like Trippier possibly has a sell on clause. Both signed for Burnley in the same month Jan 2012 and rumours suggest the sell on clause is 40%.

8. Centurions

Centurions

Sell on clauses are usually (I think) time limited so I doubt we'd ever get anything for Mee. Trippier was at Burnley for 3½ seasons.