Offside rule changed after Silva's goal against Villa

Well, they were forced to change something and did,
while still being able to interpret the word "immediately" the way they like:

'Where a player in an offside position immediately impacts on an opponent who has deliberately played the ball, the match officials should prioritise challenging an opponent for the ball, and thus the offside offence of "interfering with an opponent by impacting on the opponent's ability to play the ball" should be penalised.'

So villa v Newcastle would now be disallowed as he immediately impacts the defender into slicing his clearance. Or isnt that immediately enough ? As a few seconds before he was off side so not immediately I guess. But if the linesman had flagged him off side the defender wont have sliced his clear as the whistle would have gone.

but what about the corner kick chelsea player i think took twice just coz he miss hit the first time?
Where is the law ?
Think that falls into the “throw in being taken but not entering into play & being retaken” category both amateurish & should result in a free kick/throw in the other way, never seen a corner retaken when it’s bent out of play, as Delph stated “The basics” . 100 plus years of professionalism this lot apparently & still can’t get the simple things right

I mean I knew this fucker was thick just by the way he looks and talks but oh my god this is gold.

hahahahaa

same here

premier league officials admit they made a mistake ??? no they didn't the rules clearly stated onside

Thing is, Mings did (or should) have the ball under control after his first touch / chest of the ball with Rodri 5 yards away. How many touches are deemed for a supposed professional to have the ball under control ?. Shouldn't be playing for England if he and all these so called experts are saying it takes him more than one.

Personally, I think defenders should at least have the opportunity to have control of the ball on the ground before they’re allowed to be challenged. It’s interpreted that way a lot of times already anyway.

I think people are missing that latter point. Saying that what Rodri did has always been classed as onside isn’t true, it’s always been interpreted differently varying on the referee and situation.
So villa v Newcastle would now be disallowed as he immediately impacts the defender into slicing his clearance. Or isnt that immediately enough ? As a few seconds before he was off side so not immediately I guess. But if the linesman had flagged him off side the defender wont have sliced his clear as the whistle would have gone.

He didn’t challenge for the ball so it’s not applicable in that situation.

I mean I knew this fucker was thick just by the way he looks and talks but oh my god this is gold.

Lol, only if you get a point for losing 1-0(against City only of course), while you are wanting points retrospectively, you lose one for that "unseen goal" vs Sheff utd and you are now in the championship.....will that do?

So from here and out if any opponent player intercepts goal kick it will be ruled offside if he is in front of their player.

Depends on the situation I imagine. We had one in the Cheltenham game where Laporte controlled it, their striker was running back from an offside position and played it and was given offside for it as Laporte hadn’t had chance to properly play the ball.
Not sure you're correct there because that's not what they should be doing before this change. Have you got a clip, I missed that one.

Imagine this:

Sunday 7th February, Anfield Stadium, Liverpool; Liverpool 0 - Manchester City 1, 89:59 on the clock.

The fourth official holds up the board to show there will be three minutes of additional time... Liverpool then get a free kick for a dive on the half way line after Mane had to jump over Klopp’s jaw that came out onto the pitch as he was moaning about something (again)... the free kick is punted (of course) up field towards Stephanie Beatriz who was in an offside position, but it’s a shit ball and Johnny Boulders takes it down on his chest but turns around and is tackled by Stephanie Beatriz who takes the ball and scores...

It goes to VAR... VAR booth, “well, the new rules say this is no goal, what can we do?!”... VAR DECISION - NO GOAL!

A defender does a back pass to his goalie who boots it upfield as a forward challenges him and the ball goes to a member of the attacking team. This happens a lot and the attackers cannot or do not pass to the offside player. Will this guidance cause the officials to stop the play?

Not sure you're correct there because that's not what they should be doing before this change. Have you got a clip, I missed that one.

I’ll try and find one. It happens a lot though, people just don’t notice it as it tends to be flagged immediately and doesn’t lead to anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.