OK,... YOU are now Manchester City's new manager.........

bluelassie said:
Super David Silva 21 said:
Without looking at any other posts.

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Yaya, Barry, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero

4-2-3-1

Kind of familiar looking isn't it.

Looks familiar and lovely from where I'm sat. Might not mean your selection completely but 4-2-3-1 for me provides the familiarity that the players need right now to build momentum and gain confidence. Last night we appeared devoid of those.
Agreed<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 am --<br /><br />
sir peace frog said:
Tevez City said:
_____________________Hart___________________

Richards_______Komp_____Lescott_________Clichy

____________________Yaya______________________

_______Silva___________________Nasri__________

Tevez_____________Dzeko_____________Aguero

IF Silva still having a nightmare replace him with Barry or Milner to play as DM, and push Yaya forward.

yaya should never be played as a defensive midfielder he isnt mobile enough for that position,you need a snappy terrier of a player like de jong,,with that team we would win 10-8 every match :)
tevez city for manager.
Totally agree

jackrussel said:
why can,t we just play the team that won the last 6 games last year in the same formation,why change something that works.
YES!!!!!!!<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:26 am --<br /><br />
citykev28 said:
Start by playing the season review dvd on the trip to London at the weekend.
Hold a one-to-one meeting with Vincent Kompany telling him that I believe in him as a captain and player and believe in the team. Ask if there are any problems within the squad.
Tell Edin Dzeko that he is a huge part of my plans and as soon as results pick up, he will be given a run of games. Until then, the forwards that closed the 8 point gap last season will be playing.
Send out Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Lescott, Kompany, Barry, Garcia, Yaya, Silva, Tevez and Aguero.
Give Milner, Rodwell, Nastasic, Sinclair, Balotelli, Dzeko, Kolarov and Nasri (when fit) minutes when we are crusing in matches.
Scare the life out of the league again with attacking football with Gaz Baz and Garcia as the insurance policy.
Insist on a high tempo to make Dortmund wish they hadn't bothered turning up.
Get a haircut similar to the one last season which made a dreamboat of our manager.
Agreed - just perfect

I'd ask Kompany who his prefered CB pairing is and why.

I'd play the 4231 formation to start each game.

Rich Komps Lescott Cliche would be my back 4 - no probs replacing Rich with Zab if injured
Yaya and Barry / Garcia would be my 2
Silva Nasr and prob Tevez the 3
Aguero up top

I'd ask silva why he moans when i bring him off when he looks so tired and isn't performing.

My plan B - Garcia / Barry 2 cm
push yaya up and depending on oposition take off one of the 3 and replace with SS to give us more natural width. If winning comfortably I'd swap Komps / lescott with nastasic

I'd also tell the player to move the ball faster and don't be afraid of missing a man out playing a slightly quicker ball out wide

Come Jan - I'd be scouring for the best wide player i can get and depending on Nastasic performance a defender

My Team:

Plan A
535800_Manchester_City.jpg

Plan B Attack
535797_Manchester_City.jpg

Plan B Defense
535799_Manchester_City.jpg

first of all i'd buy a deep lying playmaker in january we desperaately need(i think thats our problem we lack creativity in midfield and this is not where yaya is best for me)big teams all have one, real madrid has xabi alonso, barca xavi, bayern schweinsteger, we don't that's why we can't keep posession and i dont mean passing around the defense thats not dangerous for the other teams.i'd buy joao moutinho he's exceptional.that's our biggest problem at the moment i dont worry about others form is temporary class is permanent

- Shelve the 3-5-2 (not working, unlikely to work, I think - but also fear RM is probably too stubborn to admit defeat with it)

- Get Kompany and Lescott playing together as often as possible

- Get us to press much higher up the pitch - get the impression at the moment it is just far too easy for teams to play against us. Occasionally one of our strikers presses opposition defenders, but too often there's then a huge gap to the rest of the team.

- Tell us to play at a higher tempo when attacking. No problem in being patient, keeping the ball in defence/midfield, but when the chance comes to move forward and create, needs to be done much more quickly/sharply. At the moment, we just seem to spend vast periods aimlessly shunting it around at the back without looking to actually create space/opportunities - often meaning we end up going back to Hart, and then, ultimately, losing possession.

- Try and get Barry back up to speed asap - then play either:

------------Hart--------------
Zab--Kompany-Lescott--Clichy
--------Yaya----Barry---------
--Silva-----------------Milner--
-------Tevez---Aguero---------

or:
-----------Hart---------------
Zab--Kompany-Lescott--Clichy
----Garcia/Rodwell--Barry-----
--Silva---------Yaya-------Tevez (although perhaps a bit wasted here?)
---------------Aguero-----------

Either way, get back to a system the players are familiar with. Of course, there needs to be some rotation, but surely this is more easily done within a familiar framework, rather than via a wholesale change of personnel and system? Once we've got back to doing the basics right, got the confidence back, there'd be plenty of games where we could then swap Maicon for Zabaleta (I'd have Richards as first choice when fit), Kolarov for Clichy, Rodwell for Garcia/Barry, Dzeko/Balotelli for Tevez/Aguero, Sinclair for Milner (Nasri as first choice when fit), Nasti for Lescott/Kompany etc. (not all at once, obviously!). Silva and Yaya are pretty much irreplacable, of course, but that's true of all top players.

Ragnarok said:
Paul powers moustache said:
Stop doing press conferences and saying bollox like

eeet is very aaard

thees isa foootball

itisa very strange .

Weee must improve .

Go back to last seasons formation . ( it was not broken so dont bloody fix it )

What happens when teams suss out the old formation, and we dont have a new one in hand? Bobby is just trying to perfect the new one by sacrificing results in the short term.

We can change it. Well just release the beast!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.