Old Cinemas

Re: Old Cinema's

The playhouse on the corner of Oldham rd and queens rd.
Flash Gordon on a Saturday morning.Oh the memories

Regent Marple . Still going strong and been a cinema since 1931
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2013/feb/27/cine-files-regent-cinema-marple" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblo ... ema-marple</a>

9b0ee4bcafb3b3683c0aef2a308bb29e.jpg

New Princes Cinema

Monton Road & Hawthorn Avenue, Monton, Eccles, M30 9JU

Star Trek the motion picture was my first film I watched there..

Troy McClure said:
Meatbag said:
Few and far between now. The multiplexes took over and the bingo moved in. Our local cinema 'The Roxy' in Hollinwood got demolished in 2007.

4AA43B69-BBC7-4CF5-BCB3-AED235533D48.jpg

Anyone remember Lurch?

HaHa Lurch what a killjoy he was.

Was that the old fella who used to walked up and down the line shouting at anyone who dared to make so much as a noise? Could be my mind playing tricks but didn't he have a stick and an eye patch??

Meatbag said:
Few and far between now. The multiplexes took over and the bingo moved in. Our local cinema 'The Roxy' in Hollinwood got demolished in 2007.

Anyone remember Lurch?

Lurch, fuck me, grey hair all over the show and black rimmed glasses-get in line he used to say a lot.

was quality the roxy.

The Claremont on the corner of Claremont Road/ Lloyd Street
And the Wycliffe on Princess Road near Mescki's and opposite the Sports Depot.

mac said:
Cinecity with its soft chairs that use to swallow you up.the small one next to the Apollo,was it the Apollo 2. In the yrs gone by before my time most centers use to have a load of cinemas.Denton for instance use to have a fair few.Deniro could enlighten us with the amount.

I know that there was one in Denton where Mcdonalds is now stood . Had changed from cinema to bingo hall before being demolished

I remember the old ABC in Rochdale. It used to have ashtrays with built in match strikers on the back of every seat. The kind you used to see on the top deck of buses.
I didn't know Vue had shut down at Pilsworth. I remember picking my daughter up from there on numerous occasions.

GaudinosWheels said:
Troy McClure said:
Meatbag said:

Anyone remember Lurch?

HaHa Lurch what a killjoy he was.

Was that the old fella who used to walked up and down the line shouting at anyone who dared to make so much as a noise? Could be my mind playing tricks but didn't he have a stick and an eye patch??
Think he may have had a patch later on in life but definetley had a walking stick and black NHS glasses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.