Old Firm

jimharri said:
ayrshire_blue said:
The SPL would thrive without the old firm, not fail. They've destroyed Scottish football, and anyone who thinks they are the only clubs actually HELPING it are completely wrong imo. It's a blinkered view put upon them by tabloids and other media outlets. For a few years it would be difficult, after time, it could be a decent league again.
Sure; it would certainly become more competitive if the old firm pissed off. I was thinking more of the financial side of things. Rangers and Celtic are far and away the biggest draw up there. Wouldn't attndances suffer if they weren't there? Or would the more competitive nature of the league mean better attendances in general? Anyway; back on topic. This could get seriously embarrassing for Rangers.

IMO in a few years it would thrive financially.

Even doing all the maths, counting ticket prices and money fixtures against either of the OF generates, it would still work out better for other clubs if they could attract an extra 2,000 fans at every home game, which isn't a lot to ask. There are clubs capable of 20,000 plus, 15,000 plus and 10,000 plus should the league ever become decent again. I use these figures because they're figures clubs have attracted not long ago.

In 1999 Kilmarnock played St Johnstone for a fixture that would decide 3rd and 4th in the SPL and a place in the uefa cup. The game attracted a sell out 18,000 crowd. Not saying Killie would get anywhere near that every week, but 10,000 plus is extremely achievable.

Sorry to ramble on (again but you get the jist I'm sure. Competition would bring the fans back.

ayrshire_blue said:
jimharri said:
ayrshire_blue said:
The SPL would thrive without the old firm, not fail. They've destroyed Scottish football, and anyone who thinks they are the only clubs actually HELPING it are completely wrong imo. It's a blinkered view put upon them by tabloids and other media outlets. For a few years it would be difficult, after time, it could be a decent league again.
Sure; it would certainly become more competitive if the old firm pissed off. I was thinking more of the financial side of things. Rangers and Celtic are far and away the biggest draw up there. Wouldn't attndances suffer if they weren't there? Or would the more competitive nature of the league mean better attendances in general? Anyway; back on topic. This could get seriously embarrassing for Rangers.

Even doing all the maths, counting ticket prices and money fixtures against either of the OF generates, it would still work out better for other clubs if they could attract an extra 2,000 fans at every home game, which isn't a lot to ask. There are clubs capable of 20,000 plus, 15,000 plus and 10,000 plus should the league ever become decent again. I use these figures because they're figures clubs have attracted not long ago.

In 1999 Kilmarnock played St Johnstone for a fixture that would decide 3rd and 4th in the SPL and a place in the uefa cup. The game attracted a sell out 18,000 crowd. Not saying Killie would get anywhere near that every week, but 10,000 plus is extremely achievable.

Sorry to ramble on (again but you get the jist I'm sure. Competition would bring the fans back.
No problem. Personally, I'd love to see the old firm vanish off the face of the earth. Too much baggage associated with them.

Some of those tackles are as bad as Vinnie's that got him a red, some are worse. I still hate Foy

jimharri said:
ayrshire_blue said:
jimharri said:

No problem. Personally, I'd love to see the old firm vanish off the face of the earth. Too much baggage associated with them.

One can only hope.The tv money would be the only thing that clubs would miss.

143559281.jpg

Anyone fancy knocking up a few quick banners for the derby?

Well i know a certain Bhoy will be happy about the result today.

Rangers are in the shit big. Sadly the SPL cant aford to let them go from the league selling tv rights will become more harder for them if its only going to see Celtic win the league time and time again. So for the SPL they will be hoping someone comes in and takes control sooner rather than later.

Who cares? Was a pub league before Rangers went tits up........now Celtic on their own....who cares ? Irish numpties will obviously care........inbred knobs.

Rangers will surface in English League 2..and climb into Premier league within 10 years.Celtic will stil lbe in the pub league........or playing Linfield in the Irish leabue..whatever floats their ridiculous Irish boat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.