Old long forgotten City songs

Couple from the late 60's

Eye,Eye,Eye,Eye
Harry is better than Yashin
And Colin is better than Eusebio
And United are in for a thrashin.

In your ------- slums (insert name of town or city)
In your ------- slums
You look in the dustbin for somethin' to eat
You find a dead rat and you think it's a treat
In your ------- slums

beehive_bob said:
'You're worse than Leeds United'

There was a period late 70's/early 80's when they always used to come to Maine Road for a 0-0 draw. Whenever another team used similarly negative tactics, this was sung. Lasted quite a few years iirc.

Yes remember that well.

They tried it once in 1980 (my 2nd ever game) and Kevin Reeves scored a last minute winner. Maine Rd went ballistic! Happy Days

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Imre, Imre banana, Imre Banana, imre Banana

Here we go here we go here we go repeated 20 times

Rangers/Celtic repeated 20 times

Who's that dying etc etc

Aye aye aye aye, Fergusons riddled with Herpes, Martin Edwards has got aids etc etc...

Gets your tits out for the lads

City Agro City agro oh oh

He's fat he's round he bounces on the ground Atkinson Atkinson.

And all the goals that kinky scores are blinding (Alan ball wonderwall song)

Twenty minutes non-stop of "Aye Aye Aye, ferguson's riddled..." v Southend at home in 1986 League Cup tie 2nd Leg (2-1 win iirc). Apparently someone printed out the words at the away leg and dished them out. Can anyone confirm?

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
We'll be top at 5 O'Clock, we'll be top at 5 O'Clock!!

Sung at home to Sheff Weds in 83/4...we lost.
Sung at Notts Co before our "promotion party" in 84/85...we lost (to an already relegated team)....oh City! Setting up the Charlton game as a must-win...

Both to the tune of yellow submarine,we all live in a sky blue stadium and we all piss in a red and white pot a red and white pot.

Oh Rodney,Rodney
Rodney,Rodney,Rodney,Rodney,Rodney Marsh

(sung to the tune of Son of my Father - Chicory Tip).

In Dublin's fair city
Where the girls are so pretty
I first set my eyes on sweet Johnny Crossan
As he wheeled his wheel barrow
Through the streets broad and narrow
Singing
City! City! City!

Len Rum said:
Oh Rodney,Rodney
Rodney,Rodney,Rodney,Rodney,Rodney Marsh

(sung to the tune of Son of my Father - Chicory Tip).

In Dublin's fair city
Where the girls are so pretty
I first set my eyes on sweet Johnny Crossan
As he wheeled his wheel barrow
Through the streets broad and narrow
Singing
City! City! City!
Remember singing that song with all the City fans at Bloomfield rd in the kop it was covered in those days 66/67 season,and yes Crossan scored the winner that day from the spot.

Zabbasbeard said:
beehive_bob said:
'You're worse than Leeds United'

There was a period late 70's/early 80's when they always used to come to Maine Road for a 0-0 draw. Whenever another team used similarly negative tactics, this was sung. Lasted quite a few years iirc.

Yes remember that well.

They tried it once in 1980 (my 2nd ever game) and Kevin Reeves scored a last minute winner. Maine Rd went ballistic! Happy Days

I remember that goal vividly too. Leeds had been horrible even by their standards, Brian Greenhoff must've passed back to the goalie 50 times and the crowd were going apeshit. Alan Clarke was already walking down the tunnel, thoroughly proud of his day's work when up popped Reeves and Maine road did indeed go absolutely wild.

Clarke later tried to defend his tactics by saying "backpassing is good defensive football" or some such bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.