Old long forgotten City songs

What was the classic tune played on the tannoy at full time ,way back in the seventies ???
Mainly trumpet , I well remember this tune but have no idea what it was

I was walking down Claremont Road
Without a penny in the kitty
When a man said to me "are you going to see the famous Man City"
So he took me down to Maine Road
to see the City play
And the crowd all roared when Colin Bell scored
We're the famous Manchester City
Oh we hate United and we hate their shirts
All their supporters should be wearing skirts
If they brought back hanging they'd be the first
We hate Man United
Oh we all hate Liverpool and Everton
Throw them all in the Mersey
and we'll fight, fight, fight
With all our might for the boys in the sky blue jerseys
What's the tune to this?

Didn't know where to put this but the 705 at Windsor tonight king of the kippax trained by bell get on blues

You re right,its Belsen, but the chant is feckin shameful .... I just don't like spuds but I can't sing a nazi song like that...we are Manchester city from Maine Road after all....
Morons who joined in that revolting chant were clearly unaware of the large Jewish contingent on our board at one time. Indeed, it was this very fact that led to division within the board when Bert Trautman signed for the club as a former Nazi combatant.
Similarly, were those who sang songs about the Munich air disaster aware that the crash also claimed another of our greatest goalkeepers, Frank Swift, who was working as a football journalist at the time?
Regardless, our club didn't need to have been touched by both these issues for such chants to have been considered abhorrent.

Morons who joined in that revolting chant were clearly unaware of the large Jewish contingent on our board at one time. Indeed, it was this very fact that led to division within the board when Bert Trautman signed for the club as a former Nazi combatant.
Similarly, were those who sang songs about the Munich air disaster aware that the crash also claimed another of our greatest goalkeepers, Frank Swift, who was working as a football journalist at the time?
Regardless, our club didn't need to have been touched by both these issues for such chants to have been considered abhorrent.
We also had,and indeed still have a large contingent of Jewish people who are City fans.

City's the team, the best team in the land,
Always in the game, always in command.
We may lose a game or two but we never do despair,
Cos you can't beat the boys in the old light blue
When they come from Manchesterrrr.

C1959/60.
Now that is an oldie....that I remember singing

We hate Nottingham Forest, we hate Liverpool to, we hate Man United but City we Love you

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, Oh I do like to be beside the sea, oh I’d like to walk along the prom prom prom where the brass band plays Fuck off West Brom ??? (Something those lines)

City City, rah rah rah (one of my particular favourites)

There was one that ended, “because the bastards ran to fast

Its - We hate Nottingham Forest, we hate Liverpool too (AND LEICESTER!)
We hate Man United, but City we love you

And an alternative ending, instead of "...But City we love you" we'd sing

We hate Man United and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds and Leeds!

Happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.