Old TV Series You Remember Fondly ...

Would love to see the Persuaders again - and what about the Return of the Saint with Ian Ogilvy !! Loved them - they got buy in from European TV so were actually filmed in Spain and Italy rather than a back lot in Pinewood. In the originals with Roger Moore it was always the same - stock footage of Rome airport - some stock footage to traffic driving round the Coliseum and hey presto we were in Rome. The give away was all the palm trees in the car park were in pots. all those funny foreign cars on foreign plates in the car park were right hand drive and it was always blowing a gale so the "birds in bikini's " were fucking freezing Lol !!

Van Der Valk with Barry Foster too - so redolent of "Omsterdom" in the swinging 60's

During my summer holidays I remember Robinson Crusoe, The White Horses, Belle and Sebastien and the Aeronauts - all b/w foreign programmes that we still watched avidly - chiefly coz there was no alternative !!!

Just thought of another ..... Chelmsford 123.

The brilliantly funny Rory McGrath/Jimmy Mulville anarchic comedy set in an Anglo-Roman village is another gem that should get a repeat showing.
It's on 4od.
Agreed it was and still is funny.

Their sketch show who dares wins was also funny as in it's day.

what about the dustbin men. I think that's what it was called. Always remember it starred a young Eddie Yeats from Corrie. He was an obsessed city fan. I think that's why I remember it so well.

Press Gang

Pink Windmill and Emu show

Crackerjack

Also used to love watching Howard's Way on a Sunday night with my dad, made me want to take up sailing

Joe 90, Captain Scarlett, Fireball XL5 & Stingray - four Gerry & Sylvia Anderson puppet shows with Steve Zodiac commanding the rocketship XL5 & Troy Tempest piloting Stingray. With the success (okay that's open to debate for us wrinklies) of the new CGI Thunderbirds series I'm surprised that Stingray & the somewhat darker Captain Scarlett haven't been given similar treatment!

The original Thunderbirds is 50 years old this year!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.