older fans returning now we've won a cup

crizack

We always here about how we have new fans but it mainly only applies to the younger ones. This guy I know tells everyone he's been a blue since the sixties. His wife said "he seen them play once and has only just started supporting them again" banging on how he watched us in the sixties and how he is more blue than others. Anyone else know any older "fans" who younger people might think 'I bet they've been all over watching city' but really, the haven't gave a Damn for 35 years?

I love our club getting a bigger fan base, just don't like the ones who say they are lifelong blues yet only started supporting us in their late teens or now the goings good. Personally, I think the fans who have had it the hardest has been for those born after 1976. Their the ones who have gone longest without seeing us win.

edited as i can see how the term 'most dedicated' can annoy some.

Re: older fans

You have to remember that we had a huge Manchester fan base, that drifted away during the lean years, and are drifting back now.

We are not some kind of exclusive club, where only the select few can support you know, we need and no doubt welcome every supporter, be they a new one or a returning blue

Ducado said:
You have to remember that we had a huge Manchester fan base, that drifted away during the lean years, and are drifting back now.

We are not some kind of exclusive club, where only the select few can support you know, we need and no doubt welcome every supporter, be they a new one or a returning blue

That's what I mean, I'm sorry if I offend anyone but when I see a any city fan early 30's or younger, I think of all the shit they must of had. Especially those like myself who in 99, when the rags won the treble and with all the shit we got in mid high school and as a socio pressure anyway, we didn't do what cowards do and go supporting the better team. I think any city fan who was a teenager in 99 should be noticed and others to understand just how dedicated the younger generation are. More blue than the ones who supported us in the allison/mercer years? I don't know, but I do know one thing. Supporting city is a good thing.

crizack said:
Ducado said:

That's what I mean, I'm sorry if I offend anyone but when I see a any city fan early 30's or younger, I think of all the shit they must of had. Especially those like myself who in 99, when the rags won the treble and with all the shit we got in mid high school and as a socio pressure anyway, we didn't do what cowards do and go supporting the better team. I think any city fan who was a teenager in 99 should be noticed and others to understand just how dedicated the younger generation are. More blue than the ones who supported us in the allison/mercer years? I don't know, but I do know one thing. Supporting city is a good thing.

Your talking bollocks!

Ducado said:
crizack said:
Ducado said:

Your talking bollocks!

I know all our fans are blue and equal in the sense that we support the same team. I'm not on about how much a fan spends to prove their dedication but those who have NEVER seen us win anything before this year. Obviously given this forum is used mainly by those over 35, the majority of posters will say 'bollocks' 'load of shite' but please, if you are going to say 'bollocks', then please say why you think so.

Re: older fans returning.

Some of these young supporters may well have reasons not to able to go to every match in the future week in week out. You never know they might grow up one day and have families and not be able to for whatever reason - such as not being able to afford it/working away etc.

squirtyflower said:
Busted!

I haven't seen us in the flesh 'so to speak' since Swindon in 64

I'd better slope off the board and fade away gracefully

So you think someone who watched us in 64 should be banging on how he's alwaysbeen a blue because he now pays for a season ticket?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.