older fans returning now we've won a cup

Re: older fans returning.

Where do you get the age groups for this forum from? It's pretty mixed actually

I won't grace you with an explanation as to why you are talking bollocks, you will understand when your a bit older (I hope)

reddishblue said:
Some of these young supporters may well have reasons not to able to go to every match in the future week in week out. You never know they might grow up one day and have families and not be able to for whatever reason - such as not being able to afford it/working away etc.

The main point was just how the new flux off supporters forgets that we have a big flux also of those who abandoned us in the bad years and coincidentally support us again when we win a cup.

Re: older fans

I've had a season ticket since the mid seventies and have known fans come and go during that time due to family and financial circumstances. Also people jumping off the waggon during particular times in our history ( The Pierce era saw a few jumpers in the circle I hung about in!)
Because of the way the team has improved in the last three years and ourselves being deemed as a major force once again it is inevitable that some old disillusioned fans will return to the fold as well as fans new to the faith.
Whatever their journey we should welcome them all. Some fans may be more vocal, able to travel to more games than others etc, but we are all Blues.
Any talk of a bigger stadium etc will not happen until we can attract more converts.

I think I get what OP is getting at, peer pressure to support ManU being so much stronger on the youth, I guess?

As my dad would say, Good for you. What do you want? A cookie?

I used to follow city everywhere with my dad up until i was around 16/17 then got into skateboarding/music and girls then i lost interest for a while, i came back i think in the 07/08 season (could be the season before, not too sure), not sure why i started following again, just did.

crizack said:
We always here about how we have new fans but it mainly only applies to the younger ones. This guy I know tells everyone he's been a blue since the sixties. His wife said "he seen them play once and has only just started supporting them again" banging on how he watched us in the sixties and how he is more blue than others. Anyone else know any older "fans" who younger people might think 'I bet they've been all over watching city' but really, the haven't gave a Damn for 35 years?

I love our club getting a bigger fan base, just don't like the ones who say they are lifelong blues yet only started supporting us in their late teens or now the goings good. Personally, I think the most dedicated support has been from those born after 1976. Their the ones who have gone longest without seeing us win.

What a load of utter shite.
You base this on one person and what one persons wife said.
You then arrive at the conclusion that anyone born after 76 is a better Blue.
????????

crizack said:
reddishblue said:
Some of these young supporters may well have reasons not to able to go to every match in the future week in week out. You never know they might grow up one day and have families and not be able to for whatever reason - such as not being able to afford it/working away etc.

The main point was just how the new flux off supporters forgets that we have a big flux also of those who abandoned us in the bad years and coincidentally support us again when we win a cup.

I see your point now, your thread is a wind up..nes't pas?

crizack said:
We always here about how we have new fans but it mainly only applies to the younger ones. This guy I know tells everyone he's been a blue since the sixties. His wife said "he seen them play once and has only just started supporting them again" banging on how he watched us in the sixties and how he is more blue than others. Anyone else know any older "fans" who younger people might think 'I bet they've been all over watching city' but really, the haven't gave a Damn for 35 years?

I love our club getting a bigger fan base, just don't like the ones who say they are lifelong blues yet only started supporting us in their late teens or now the goings good. Personally, I think the most dedicated support has been from those born after 1976. Their the ones who have gone longest without seeing us win.

What about the ones who knew what winning was up til 76 but carried on regardless through all the years..Theres an old saying "what you've never had you never miss".. this applies more to the post 76 supporters.

Whitworth Park said:
crizack said:

What a load of utter shite.
You base this on one person and what one persons wife said.
You then arrive at the conclusion that anyone born after 76 is a better Blue.
????????
Took the words out of my mouth pal,how many blues on this board use that old chestnut ive got a problem with new fans or old ones coming out of the woodwork...get a fuckin grip!

You looking for someone to have a swipe at or something? Why don't you go have a go at the wife's husband or whoever instead of nagging us lot. Or better still, the bunch of rags you went to school with who've obviously left their mark with the childish point scoring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.