Oldest poster on Bluemoon - stories from the past

MadchesterCity

Haalander; There can be only one, two, THREE!
Team supported
‘Rodri, Rodri, Rodri’ !!! PinchMe PinchMe PinchMe THREE was the magic number !!! CITY CITY CITY Manchester England Europe
Who is the oldest poster on bluemoon?

I'm sure many on here would love to hear some stories about supporting City from the past from some of our older blues!

Cheers

dollyblue seen the 55 final.

I came very close to not going to the 1955 Cup Final, City vs Newcastle United due to the Illness of my uncle, just two weeks before the game, but he insisted that I should go, I asked him what about your Ticket? shall I sell it for you? You will not sell it he said!! but give it to someone at the ground, the conditions were, that he or she must be City and about my age, and they must be standing close to the Stadium, that means they would have been there the longest, and when you give them the ticket, look them in the eye and say it's FREE!! Well I did find this young man,I give him the ticket, his eyes filled with tears, so did mine, I asked him where he lived? he said Audenshaw, and my uncle lived in Audenshaw, How Spooky is that? and my Uncle passed away just a couple of weeks after the Final.

I remember the 1967/68 season well. It was half decent at times, although we did concede too many. And the pies were still crap then.

Five bob in the Platt Lane, three bob in the Kippax and two bob in the Scoreboard End. It would've been a bit pricy in the Main Stand, mind.

That's about it really.

I would have gone to the 1955 final but my dad had just come out of hospital after a major operation so we had to watch it on telly with my mate who's dad owned the chippy. Unfortunately his dad was a Newcastle supporter so you know who he supported after the game we didn't speak for weeks and I did miss those chips though. My mum took me to see our hero's return and Roy Paul made his speach on the Manchester Town Hall balcony promising to return the next year, and we did and I was there with my dad. I still love City and always will.

I think the poster Domino7 was the oldest lady poster on here, but sadly she hasn't posted for a while. She knew her stuff about City though. Hope she is OK.

Ticket For Schalke said:
dollyblue seen the 55 final.

I came very close to not going to the 1955 Cup Final, City vs Newcastle United due to the Illness of my uncle, just two weeks before the game, but he insisted that I should go, I asked him what about your Ticket? shall I sell it for you? You will not sell it he said!! but give it to someone at the ground, the conditions were, that he or she must be City and about my age, and they must be standing close to the Stadium, that means they would have been there the longest, and when you give them the ticket, look them in the eye and say it's FREE!! Well I did find this young man,I give him the ticket, his eyes filled with tears, so did mine, I asked him where he lived? he said Audenshaw, and my uncle lived in Audenshaw, How Spooky is that? and my Uncle passed away just a couple of weeks after the Final.

Thanks buddy

I love hearing stories from the past

How did it feel getting so close and yet so far in 55?
had you been a City fan for long at this time?
I'm assuming you were a young lad for this match!

Did you make it the following year when we won the cup.
I've heard stories about Roy Paul promising we would return victorious the following year!

sorry to hear about your Uncle!

I love speaking to my Granda about football in the past; it was a very different game then!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.