Oldest poster on Bluemoon - stories from the past

blumoonrises said:
Bloody hell.... some folk in this thread mustn't half smell of piss.. ;)

and thats supposed to be funny.......

thanks for the stories all.

In answer to the question did we beleive we were going to win the league in 67/68, I know I and all my City mates did.
A song we sang that season was;

So now your gonna believe us
So now your gonna beleive us
We 'er gonna win the league

I was at the Newcastle game,running onto the pitch at the end along with a few thousands delerious blues.
Another favourite match that season was the Scum/RB's/GAYS at the swamp. After letting in an early Best goal we absolutely played them off the park and ran out easy 3-1 winners. I think the GAYS were top of the league at the time. I think the Spurs 4-1 ballet on ice was also that season. Fantastic days soon to be bettered, at last.
We just need to believe and back the team and management.
Too much time nowadays is spent slagging off players and manager, which is all negative stuff and no help towards helping us achieve our goal of winning something.
We are standing on the edge of greatness.

squirtyflower said:
MadchesterCity said:
thanks Blue smarties

Did anyone here go to the cup winners cup Final?

Or remember us winning the league 1967–68
yep

my dad took me to the cup winners cup final in 70, two nights in vienna for £38! flew with dan air
i counted how many beers he had so i could tell my mum

two years earlier i was taken to newcastle to see us win the championship, all the adults were really excited, i can't say i was too bothered!

saw us win the cup the year after, dad got two tickets of a tout in tibb street, they cost £7 10s, which was quite a bit when you consider the price of entry was only 10s

trouble is when you are a kid you just don't see the importance of it

How times have changed!

i always thought you were mid 30's from your posts
Thanks squirty - are you out their in Germany?

wow you are a very lucky lad to have experienced all that
- how many beers did he have? Did ya tell ter ma?

was football better then or now?

I think we all need to appreciate our history and embrace how lucky we are with our new owners!

Also remember that our dreams can be snatched from us at the blink of an eyelid; so never expect too much!

Enjoy the ride<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:54 pm --<br /><br />
Bentheblue said:
In answer to the question did we beleive we were going to win the league in 67/68, I know I and all my City mates did.

I was at the Newcastle game,running onto the pitch at the end along with a few thousands delerious blues.
Another favourite match that season was the Scum/RB's/GAYS at the swamp. After letting in an early Best goal we absolutely played them off the park and ran out easy 3-1 winners. I think the GAYS were top of the league at the time. I think the Spurs 4-1 ballet on ice was also that season. Fantastic days soon to be bettered, at last.
Too much time nowadays is spent slagging off players and manager, which is all negative stuff and no help towards helping us achieve our goal of winning something.

I So now your gonna believe us

I sooo hope one day i will sing this

Maybe short term we can practice with

Wer gonna to Champions league

OMG - wish I was able to appreciate how that felt

"Too much time nowadays is spent slagging off players and manager, which is all negative stuff and no help towards helping us achieve our goal of winning something.
We are standing on the edge of greatness."

couldn't agree more, it actually realy pisses me off!

get behind your team - we are blessed with some great players right now and the only way they can become city legends is with our voice!

Too many players get slated on here - at times it makes me question the colour of some of our posters hearts!

in fact I think that some people are more interested in just commenting in threads than actually being able to contribute.

We need to get behind every player until the end of the season whether he is a poster on your wall or a target on your dart board

At times I am very dissapointed at many negative views on here but then ealise that these people can't be real city fans!

MadchesterCity said:
squirtyflower said:
yep

my dad took me to the cup winners cup final in 70, two nights in vienna for £38! flew with dan air

two years earlier i was taken to newcastle to see us win the championship, all the adults were really excited, i can't say i was too bothered!

saw us win the cup the year after, dad got two tickets of a tout in tibb street, they cost £7 10s, which was quite a bit when you consider the price of entry was only 10s

How times have changed!

I think we all need to appreciate our history and embrace how lucky we are with our new owners!

Also remember that our dreams can be snatched from us at the blink of an eyelid; so never expect too much!

Enjoy the ride
i just look like i'm in my mid thirties lol
my location is germany because i can honestly say that last season in schalke was the best trip i've ever been on following city, the thrill of meeting up with all those blues who had trekked there by so many different routes, and have kept in touch with some still. so dreams come around again for us to live them with another generation and in my dreams i'm still in the bar!

i was lucky, i remember that my dad couldn't afford it so my gran lent him the money. i was counting the beers until he sent me back to the hotel so he could party, i'll ask him what he got up to when i see him

football better or worse? who can say?
we have had some horrendous times but even throughout it all there have been some memorable moments. the only time i thought enough was enough, was when i didn't see us score a goal from december 06 to september 07 (i missed everton in new year and then the derby/Derby due to holiday) which meant nine months without a goal!
although i'm still waiting for someone as good as colin bell to come along

MadchesterCity said:
squirtyflower said:
yep

How times have changed!

Enjoy the ride

-- Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:54 pm --

Bentheblue said:

I So now your gonna believe us

I sooo hope one day i will sing this

Maybe short term we can practice with

Wer gonna to Champions league

OMG - wish I was able to appreciate how that felt

"Too much time nowadays is spent slagging off players and manager, which is all negative stuff and no help towards helping us achieve our goal of winning something.
We are standing on the edge of greatness."

couldn't agree more, it actually realy pisses me off!

get behind your team - we are blessed with some great players right now and the only way they can become city legends is with our voice!

Too many players get slated on here - at times it makes me question the colour of some of our posters hearts!

in fact I think that some people are more interested in just commenting in threads than actually being able to contribute.

We need to get behind every player until the end of the season whether he is a poster on your wall or a target on your dart board

At times I am very dissapointed at many negative views on here but then ealise that these people can't be real city fans!

I also couldn't agree more..
The important thing to remember is that most of the views on this forum do not represent the views of the majority of supporters at the games..thankfully..!

Here you go, Newcastle v City Championship decider, May 1968, first half:-

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqLMZfh45vc[/youtube]

Second half:-

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZsMfrZt4Ec[/youtube]

Another good Kippax chant of the period was:-

Pardoe, Pardoe, he's off to Mexico,
With Bell and Lee and Summerbee,
Pardoe, Pardoe, Pardoe, Pardoe............

I remember when. I know I sound like an old fart to begin with. Anyway, I remember when refs had a great sense of humour, not like the sourfaced robots we have now.
It was the time when the miners were out on strike and some first divisions games were played during the day in midweek because of power cuts.

It was against West Brom at Maine Road in a league game and Kirkpatrick was the referee. If anyone can remember him he was the rotund one, lets put it that way.
Anyway, what with power cuts and IRA threats it was a great time to be alive!

During the game there was an announcement that said could those in the seats look under them for any suspicious packages. There had been a bomb threat.

Anyway, Kirkpatrick had heard the announcment and when the ball went out of play he asked for the ball.

He picked up the ball, put it to his ear and shook it.

The whole of the ground erupted in laughter.
Just thought I'd share a lighter moment while following City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.