Oldham Athletic Takeover

salford ground is why its still small crowds its a shit hole and nothing more than a park field really and plans are in place to build a new stadium and the they are look to league football in the future . football is about winning and don't let people fool you success is a big part of being a fan and only a hand full of fans can really say otherwise and they can not keep the club in business

i keep saying it football has change in the past 10 years and with the like of chelsea and manchester city and other owners the premier league invited them to invest in football clubs and give the league a boost and to challenge the so called big clubs who just kept winning the league year after year and what fun is there in that so that's why its not a game anymore so clubs was put up for sale and money invested and world class player bought to promote both clubs and the premier league

know if lower league clubs want to keep the dream alive they need to do something and fast and first thing is to bring the fans back so that means something must happen to promote the club in the media and bring some quality to the club if that means selling your soul you must take the medicine and swallowing your pride and let the money people or the bigger clubs help your never going to challenge them its gone the dream so move on and keep your club alive and back whatever they think is best

Latics will not be enticed back to BP if we're linked with City (or any other club for that matter) whatsoever. Believe me when I say that.

You can keep harping on about the promise land of the Premier League, but we'd rather start again as a Phoenix club than 'sell our soul' as you put it.

you do realise the championship is one of the highest watched leagues in europe?

There are even non league clubs which get gates of over 2k, I wouldn't really call it a niche product.

I think the lower leagues will get even more popular as the price of premier league football gets more expensive.

The Championship may well be able to survive. There are some fairly important clubs in it with reasonable historic fan bases. Villa, for example, could get 40,000 through the gates if they were anything like successful.

The lower leagues, as full-time, professional clubs, I doubt. Many are living on gates of 2,000 - 3,000. How sustainable is that, long term?

Did I say I thought it was a good thing? No. But society has changed so much. You are at least as likely to see a kid round here (Bury) wearing a Barcelona shirt as a Bury one. I find it hard to get my head round that. I support City because my grandfathers and father did, and because when I was a kid you could walk to the end of the road and see Maine Road floodlights in the distance. The world just ain't like that any more. Most kids seem to go for the "big" - read successful - clubs rather than the one they could actually watch in the flesh if they could be arsed.

The Championship may well be able to survive. There are some fairly important clubs in it with reasonable historic fan bases. Villa, for example, could get 40,000 through the gates if they were anything like successful.

The lower leagues, as full-time, professional clubs, I doubt. Many are living on gates of 2,000 - 3,000. How sustainable is that, long term?

Did I say I thought it was a good thing? No. But society has changed so much. You are at least as likely to see a kid round here (Bury) wearing a Barcelona shirt as a Bury one. I find it hard to get my head round that. I support City because my grandfathers and father did, and because when I was a kid you could walk to the end of the road and see Maine Road floodlights in the distance. The world just ain't like that any more. Most kids seem to go for the "big" - read successful - clubs rather than the one they could actually watch in the flesh if they could be arsed.

your spot on its not about the 2 biggest leagues in england the premier league and championship its about league 1 and league 2 teams going down the pan because the owners are so stuck into the old days and now non league football has got better and offer a better dream of league football there aims is lower they just want to be playing full time football

towns clubs like oldham and bury are going down the wrong root and without something being done will be non league clubs very soon are both manchester clubs are to blame yes in a way do we now feel that maybe we can help the fans of teams like oldham yes the problem is fans are like spike your nose to cut off your face . your club is doomed if you don't wake up and smell the coffee here its now 2017 and fans and people want something else for there money

if there is a offer from somebody you must take it even if it has links to man city and are looking into tapping into the youth and EDS players at city so what the rules are set in black and white no single owner can control 2 clubs under uefa laws so its going to be a friendly offer only and nothing else what is wrong with that

don't bury have a friendly deal with manchester city to use the old training camp at carrington i say old its far better than most clubs in england and is miles away from anything any other club got in the lower leagues and what harm does that do to bury football club

My lasting memory of Oldham will always be the away game in 89 when Megson scored a header that squeezed under Andy Rhodes on the plastic pitch at the Rochdale End. It was cracking the flags on the run up to kick off, then the heavens opened. I remember trudging home in my piss wet through jumbo cords and white adidas first tracky top. Those were the days

My lasting memory of Oldham will always be the away game in 89 when Megson scored a header that squeezed under Andy Rhodes on the plastic pitch at the Rochdale End. It was cracking the flags on the run up to kick off, then the heavens opened. I remember trudging home in my piss wet through jumbo cords and white adidas first tracky top. Those were the days
There were lads who stripped off and staring swimming in the area that had beeen the first ten steps,of the terrace.
Brilliant drainage with a plastic pitch.

Also fucking ruined my leather jacket I bought that morning from 'stolen from ivor'

There were lads who stripped off and staring swimming in the area that had beeen the first ten steps,of the terrace.
Brilliant drainage with a plastic pitch.

Also fucking ruined my leather jacket I bought that morning from 'stolen from ivor'

Stolen From Ivor, now that's a blast from the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.