Oldham Athletic Takeover

Is there any chance this has nothing to do with City?
Hope so, it doesn't make sense to me especially the idea that they would become part of the City group. Oldham football fans do seem to lean more towards the Rags too but that's besides the point, I wouldn't want to see Bury or Rochdale swallowed up in a deal such as that, let them be their own clubs with their own identities. Lets just stick to one big club per country for City Group(I know football is about brands these days but that would be taking it too far) Manchester City are all City group needs as far as England goes.

You have a strange outlook on football. Was less than two decades ago we were in the same division as oldham.

we was never a small club just a club being run badly the hard cure fan base was 30.000 and that was for league 1 football so the hope was still there but like i said in the last 10 years football has change and with FFP rules and self generated income clubs like oldham will never get into the bigger leagues with the fan base they have even in the days when they was in the premier league the crowds was under 20.000 and the away fans would boost the gate

so oldham being just like manchester city 20 years ago that's not really true is it we was always a big club in dark days of swales and others

we was never a small club just a club being run badly the hard cure fan base was 30.000 and that was for league 1 football so the hope was still there but like i said in the last 10 years football has change and with FFP rules and self generated income clubs like oldham will never get into the bigger leagues with the fan base they have even in the days when they was in the premier league the crowds was under 20.000 and the away fans would boost the gate

so oldham being just like manchester city 20 years ago that's not really true is it we was always a big club in dark days of swales and others

It can still be done, as Bournemouth have proved, but it's getting harder and harder for small clubs to do a Wimbledon, Oldham etc

As I said in my opening post it was only a rumour I've heard from somebody linked with Oldham so not sure if it's a genuine connection with City or somebody linking Dubai based Abdallah Lemsagan with Sheikh Mansour

However in recent weeks, goalkeeper Johny Placide, winger Queensy Menig and midfield trio Abdelhakim Omrani, Gevaro Nepomuceno and Mohamed Maouche have all arrived at the club.

It was quite well known that Oldham were broke last season and couldn't even finish off the development of the new stand and at one point were struggling to pay the players so there's definitely something going on in the background. Time will tell whether we are involved or not?

Maybe Sheikh Mansour has just helped a friend out by sending some City representatives down to offer some advice?

I want nothing to do with us having involvement with any other club in this country and I am sure the fan's of those club's feel exactly the same. I did used to have a soft spot for clubs like Oldham, Bury and Stockport but that was before we ended up playing the fuckers in the same division. Their hatred and piss taking as we fell through the division's killed any feeling of affinity I had with any of them and I actually went up to Wembley to support Stockport in the play off final they lost to Peterborough, I wouldn't these days.

I think it would be better to look at entering a team in the lower levels and work up through the pyramid. Moston entered at Level 10 I think. That was 10 years ago. I think a City EDS team would be in League 2 or higher by now. But they'd have to get the OK from the FA I suppose. There's talk of restructuring below the Football League. Maybe there's an opportunity there. It would take a little time but it would be a better way to go IMO.

Financially for all smaller clubs it makes so much sense to regionalise leagues 1,2 & the conference, more derbies mean bigger crowds, maybe there's scope for 4 regional divisions with 8/10 b sides being chucked in the pot with a no promotion rule on them.

It can still be done, as Bournemouth have proved, but it's getting harder and harder for small clubs to do a Wimbledon, Oldham etc

yes it can but at what cost in the long run the better the league the bigger the cost of players and wages and if you hold your own in the premier league for a couple of seasons the other clubs take your better players of you and you have to start all over again and they all know the parachute payments is only for 3 years and the smaller clubs have already used that them to get loans from banks so after they fall from grace they are worst then what they started with which was nothing

like i said football has change in the last 10 years and now FFP rules are in place its just about impossible for a small club like oldham to get to the promise land and watford and bournemouth had help along the way with loan players or free transfers from big clubs to push them on i think watford at one stage had about 7 or 8 loan players from bigger clubs and the others moaned to the FA and got the rules changed

but for the likes of oldham they can never live on what gates they get and non league football is calling and some of the non league clubs are getting gates better than oldham and salford city are just waiting to take a place in the league football and could replace oldham very soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.