Oldham Athletic Takeover

So if City hadn't been promoted back into what is currently the Championship at the turn of the century and stayed at Div 2/League 1 level since then, you'd be perfectly fine if some rich Premier League club from the local area saw your club only as a place for some of their youngsters to gain experience, right? Of course you wouldn't and there is no reason for Oldham/Bury/'insert local team here' fans should ever have to even think of doing it either.
Should Wigan/Blackpool/Bournemouth etc. have had to survive purely to give time to Premier League before they got anywhere near the Premier League either?
I agree 100%. The idea of second teams in the league would be the best way of getting youngsters up to scratch. But wrecking lower division clubs is not the way to do it.
So how the hell do we bridge the gap between youth/EDS/reserve (delete as appropriate) football and first team football especially at clubs fighting for honours at home and abroad. Insisting on a home-grown quota or under-23 quota seems arbitrary.

Is there any rule to stop city putting a mancity B team in the very bottom of football league a bit like when when Wimbledon moved to Kent and the there fans started a team in the lower leagues and now they are in div 1 I think

Is there any rule to stop city putting a mancity B team in the very bottom of football league a bit like when when Wimbledon moved to Kent and the there fans started a team in the lower leagues and now they are in div 1 I think

Milton Keynes is in Buckinghamshire.

I agree 100%. The idea of second teams in the league would be the best way of getting youngsters up to scratch. But wrecking lower division clubs is not the way to do it.
So how the hell do we bridge the gap between youth/EDS/reserve (delete as appropriate) football and first team football especially at clubs fighting for honours at home and abroad. Insisting on a home-grown quota or under-23 quota seems arbitrary.
You do what they do in Spain & Germany and expand the number of lower leagues and have them as regional competitions. So instead of Leagues 1 & 2 you have NW, NE, SW & SE leagues with PL & Championship B teams in those leagues.

It would be nothing like that example, AFC Wimbledon were set up as a totally separate club who wanted nothing to do with the move to MK.

Yes. For a start any club would have to join the pyramid at the bottom, so it would be the second tier of the North West Counties league. Even raggy infested clubs such as Salford and FC Shite had to do so.

Its actually one of the reasons its unlikely we would have our Glaswegian chums in the English System as they would have to start at the bottom. Nantwich Town v Celtic, Congleton Town v Rangers anyone?

So if City hadn't been promoted back into what is currently the Championship at the turn of the century and stayed at Div 2/League 1 level since then, you'd be perfectly fine if some rich Premier League club from the local area saw your club only as a place for some of their youngsters to gain experience, right? Of course you wouldn't and there is no reason for Oldham/Bury/'insert local team here' fans should ever have to even think of doing it either.

Should Wigan/Blackpool/Bournemouth etc. have had to survive purely to give time to Premier League before they got anywhere near the Premier League either?

manchester city was and will never be a small club 30.000 fans turning up in the league 1 means the club was just badly run by clowns today football has change in the last 10 years and clubs now need a fan base around the world to get the higher premier league tv money the demand for your club being shown is now seen as a big club the premier league is a 8 club league and the rest will fight staying up and yoyo down the league

yes the new owners and money turned manchester city into a major club but them days are long gone with FFP but like i said manchester city was never a small club oldham bury rochdale bolton can not live with 2 big manchester clubs there towns are full of city and united fans and what gates do they get each week for there home games all 4 of them clubs will be non league teams if nothing is done to help them and if manchester city can pump so money and players into oldham then why not

everybody thinks all you need is a rich owners just pump money into your club then all will be fine then sorry its not like that you need a vision and something to build and most of all a fan base and manchester city had everything other than people running the club the right way
yes the money helps and without it manchester city would be newcastle or sunderland and just never taking that next level jump because the owners are taking money out of the club and the fans are being milked as a cash cow its sad that all you need is somebody to see beyond the cow and a future investment

mark my words oldham bury bolton rochdale could be non league clubs within the next 5 years and go pop the fans have gone and now are armchair tv supporters and haters of city and united hoping to watch them lose each week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.