oldham v city 88

That was a great day

Not as good as the 5-2 away game on the last game of the season at boundary park the year we finished above the rags!

I was at that game, went flying from a crowd surge when megson scored and lost my dad!

happy days- always wanted to see that goal again for some reason

It was a bloody awful game and I still think that Megson's header wouldn't have gone in on a grass pitch.

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
How I miss that plastic pitch!

What year was it when we played Oldham and it pissed down all game......... I don't think I have ever been as pissed wet through at a game

The year before I think. I remember the mist over our supporters as it evaporated during the second half.

The Pink Panther said:
It was a bloody awful game and I still think that Megson's header wouldn't have gone in on a grass pitch.

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
How I miss that plastic pitch!

What year was it when we played Oldham and it pissed down all game......... I don't think I have ever been as pissed wet through at a game

The year before I think. I remember the mist over our supporters as it evaporated during the second half.

Yes it was the previous season, it was in August but of course it was always winter at Boundary Park, a lot of blues were in shirtsleeeves and there was a hailstorm just before KO IIRC and the temperature plummeted.

shades of blue said:
I was at that game, went flying from a crowd surge when megson scored and lost my dad!

happy days- always wanted to see that goal again for some reason

Did you find him ?

lancs blue said:
The Pink Panther said:

Yes it was the previous season, it was in August but of course it was always winter at Boundary Park, a lot of blues were in shirtsleeeves and there was a hailstorm just before KO IIRC and the temperature plummeted.
i remember the game, thought it was perhaps early september
wore a brand new leather jacket to the game as it was quite sunny!
watched people near the front gradually move back the more it rained
and as the pitch was plastic all the rain simply flowed off to the end we were in and then i'm sure i remember some nutters actually swimming behind the goal

Did you find him ?

at the end of the game mate, I was minus my banana though, quite scary when you are young, but standing was so much more exciting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.